Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 F250 7.3 4x4 CCSB 7.3 PSD

Truck starts when it wants to than runs momentarily, than it dies the wait to start light will show up momentarily upon trying to start it again as I turn the key the "Engine temp" light will show when the key is in the on position ti crank.

Engine starts than dies again, WTS light flashes and truck stalls out again. . . I'm baffled here.
Heres what I've done to it just to put it out there kinda over board but here is the run down.

*250 cc injectors. *Hydra chip with Jelli Built tunes.
*WICKED WHEEL 2 *Massive Donalddon Air Intake.
*Glow Shift 4 pod Guages.
*Gun Rack for 4 Rifles and or two Bows installed.
*new manual lift pump. *Adrenaline Hpop.
*New icp. *New IPR. *Cam sensor.
*Shift kit. *Straight axled (93~F450)
*New shafts bearings and a ring and pinion.
*Brand bew Moog Steering components from Pitman Arm down.
*Brand New ~Brakes (93~F450)~Rotors (93~F450)
~Calipers.(93~F450) Pinned Calipers.
~Fluid. (Preston).
STOPS ON A DIME!!!
*Oil Changed (Rotella 15~40W) T4
*Trans Fluid Changed.
*307k***ORIGINAL*MILES*ON * ODOMETER
●●●Cons●●● READ READ READ
* NEEDS STEERING GEAR BOX REPLACED. allot of play.
*TRANSMISSION WILL NEED REPLACEMENT ITS THE ORIGINAL 23 YEAR OLD TRANSMISSION.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's the gun rack. Definitely over did it there lol

But seriously, have you tried pulling the codes? And did you do all of these mods at once and it has not ran at all to now? Or is this issue new and after the truck has been running with all the mods?

Also, digging the brake upgrades. I might have to look into that myself

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So upgrades have been running for months this just happened out of the blue today shes pushing damn near 500 horses.
Just randomly said nope not today buddy lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm wondering if your Hydra came loose. I'd pull the codes first thing, see if that points anything out. The WTS going wonky makes me think you have a PCM problem, which could be the chip, the PCM, or a wiring issue making the PCM go full spaz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the gun rack. Definitely over did it there lol

But seriously, have you tried pulling the codes? And did you do all of these mods at once and it has not ran at all to now? Or is this issue new and after the truck has been running with all the mods?

Also, digging the brake upgrades. I might have to look into that myself
I'm wondering if your Hydra came loose. I'd pull the codes first thing, see if that points anything out. The WTS going wonky makes me think you have a PCM problem, which could be the chip, the PCM, or a wiring issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So like my pcm was left laying in the engine bay whom ever installed the PHP Hydra didnt put my pcm back into the Firewall I just looked at that they left it f n laying there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So like my pcm was left laying in the engine bay whom ever installed the PHP Hydra didnt put my pcm back into the Firewall I just looked at that they left it f n laying there.
Wow... That's pretty bad. And I thought the previous owners of my truck were a bunch of jack wagons... I'd definitely suspect that you have a PCM and/or Hydra chip issue. It bouncing around unsecured for even a short drive could have busted the Hydra or shorted something out. And if they were too lazy to reinstall the PCM, then I wonder how well they prepped the board before installing the chip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts