Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I haven't been here in quite a while. But I'm having a major issue with the truck. It's a '95 F-350 cab and chassis, single cab dually. 3 yard dump. Stock computer. EBPV was deleted a long time ago.

A couple of months ago, I went out to start it, as I do every couple of weeks during the winter off season. It started fine. Ran great for about 90 seconds. The very second the glow plugs stopped cycling, and the charge gauge went up, it started missing terribly. Then any attempts to restart it, it would just sputter for a couple of seconds, and quit. First thing I did was change the CPS. I bought a cheap one at Advance Auto. I changed it out, and it acted the same for a few attempts, and then it took right off, and ran great. Even the little lopey miss it has at idle was gone. But after about 10-15 minutes, it did it again. So, I bought a new Ford CPS, and changed it. No better. Sometimes, it will start, and idle great until the glow plugs stop cycling, but most of the time, it just sputters a few times, and quits. When it does run, there is no CEL. When it starts acting up, the CEL comes on.

Any suggestions before I have someone with the proper scanning tool to come look at it?

Thanks- Steve.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Have it scanned. It will save you money from throwing parts at it you don’t need and time from checking things that don’t need checking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts