Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a cold cranking problem, where when I finally got it cranked it would pour white smoke. I ended up replacing the glow plugs and the uvch's. Now I cant get it to crank. It will turn over but will not fire. Any suggestions of things to look for?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Did you check the glow plug relay before you installed the glowplugs and harnesses?? Do you have the wait to start light?? Does the smoke go away within 5minutes of the truck running?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The relay is fine, the wait to start light comes on, and the white smoke would usually clear up within 5-10 minutes. The injectors were buzz tested and are fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I know is that its not fueling. while it is turning over, there is barely even a fuel smell in or around the truck. I just have no clue where to start with why it is not fueling. A friend suggested maybe the HPOP lost its prime? The truck was torn down with no valve covers and the injectors unplugged for about 12 hours. Maybe that will help a little bit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You need to have a cylinder contribution test ran for the injectors. A buzz test just tells you the solenoids are clicking, not that the injector is good... And if your getting smoke on start up, your obviously getting fuel......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the confusion, but the reason I'm saying I don't have fuel at the moment is because there is no smell of fuel or smoke what-so-ever.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it figured out. Apparently I pinched an injector wire and the circuit shorted out. And my hpop pressure is low at startup, but nothing major. It cranks and runs fine now..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts