Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starter went out yet again 3rd one in less than a year! I bought from advance which I know is crap. Now its time for a good one, what starters are you guys running? Is powermaster worth the extra coin?

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
DB electric ftw !

Heres a comparison of the db on the left and the factory one I replaced on the right.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
the db electric ones rock

·
Registered
20 Posts
I plan on dropping one of these bad boys when the time comes. Cant go wrong with DB electrical. They are also a tad cheaper than powermaster.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Wasnt but $130 I think . Was cheaper than the stock starter to be honest.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I looked on ebay, are you guys talking about the place in Johnson, TN? They have one for the 02 for $89 plus shipping...is this the one? Mine went out last friday...was my Happy New Year:evil

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
what a hammer

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I bought the one for an 03 its a perm. mag gear reducted mofo ! Got it from Oreillys looks just like the one from DB.

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
I had one but it's become a parasitic load and drains both batts dead in 3 days so now I have a Denso starter. The same unit the DB is a knockoff of. I got it for 300 delivered.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine had the reduction starter, so I just got the replacement, not the high torque from DB, it was $101.xx shipped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts