Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the kicker, has anyone done a 4x4? i have looked all over to see if this is even possible. any input appreciated

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i never knew, i would like to do this, it would be something like hotrod tractor's project. any more info on this?

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Weweld built one for John Wood. PM him for info.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the link

i think i can handle it, i would start with a 4x4 first though. i looked through the pics and readings and it was not very much detail

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this project will be similar, but use a '77 shortbed body and not be as high

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
07FORD250 short bed.jpg I was just looking around for a place to post this Pic. Me and my dad built this truck a few mos. back 07 250. We had to use a 01 reg cab shortbed f-150 fuel tank. Every thing else was pretty straight forward fabwork.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think i got a few more pics somewhere, ill try to find them. The truck came in and we had a white shortbed so w/ jumped on it and had it tore apart and the frame cut before I really even thought about pics. We are really bad for that never take many pics of projects.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I heard that the short bed 4x4 can get wild if you launch em in 4x4. Anyone here ever play with on on the performance side of things?

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Is this only true on the 4 wheel drive trucks or is it true for all Regular cab short box conversions?
I think it's only the 4x4 trucks, the transfer case causes clearance issues. I think when short bedding a 2wd, you just need a standard short bed fuel tank.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that is exactly the info and pic i was looking for thank you very much, any more pics would be awesome

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I def will try to get a few more pics. up the only other thing we custom made was we silver soldered a fuel line up and moved the e-brake bracket and re-welded it to the frame. Its been a few mos. now but if I remember anything else Ill let you know. Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 24 Posts