Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys went to install the Stancor GPR with the Shunt (Cali Edition) tonight and after a few different tries and configurations i figured it out.

See the pics. It is pretty much wired up like stock but with the Stancor.

i had to flip it and get creative but it works with no codes!!!

At first i was having a P1391 and P1393 when i initially installed it with the shunt wires all connected to one lug. I then used the low voltage shunt "bracket" and it is working flawlessly.

Hope this helps people looking to run a Stancor on the California Editions.

If anyone needs more pics let me know.:psn:

Stock:

Stancor:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Damn, they put some crap on those cali trucks. What is the purpose of the shunt?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Allows monitoring of the current for each cylinder bank of glowplugs. Throws a code if certain parameters are/or are not met (I'd have to try and look them up). Cheers!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Always figured this was possible; the Stancor is just another four-terminal relay like the OE, after all. Nice job working out the "real estate".

·
Registered
308 Posts
Where did you get the Stancor and what is the P/N. Just want to confirm.

Thanks~

DR

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Desert Rancher we have the Stancor's in stock and ready to ship...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Bumping this up, I'm wondering if the "shunt" can be used out of a different material? Using a wire instead of the strap?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Bumping this up, I'm wondering if the "shunt" can be used out of a different material? Using a wire instead of the strap?
Yes it is just a piece of metal.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
The glow plug shunt has a calibrated resistance so that current flow can be determined by the PCM. Just can't use any old piece of metal. Its only on 1997 OBS California trucks anyway using the DPC 312 PCM. The 1996 California trucks using the DPC 202 PCM do not use the glow plug shunt (autos anyways). Just looked at a 1996 California today and was surprised.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The glow plug shunt has a calibrated resistance so that current flow can be determined by the PCM. Just can't use any old piece of metal. Its only on 1997 OBS California trucks anyway using the DPC 312 PCM. The 1996 California trucks using the DPC 202 PCM do not use the glow plug shunt (autos anyways). Just looked at a 1996 California today and was surprised.
I wonder if I could change the PCM to the 202 and bypass the shunt?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts