Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently nabbed a 110v wire feed and have already addressed a few small projects.

I've been around welding for many years but have had very little 'hands on' experience. I found a local fab shop and for their hourly shop rate I boogered and puddled with their equipment and got some valuable coaching. And I also know my limits so if I am working on something structural or critical I will tack it up and take it to a real welder.

I want to have a stainless welding solution in my back pocket too. At the moment, I only want to be able to attach an additional hanger to my stainless exhaust. And one other small project that will likely take a few feet of weld wire. Getting a bottle of %100 gas for these 2 little projects doesn't make sense. I do have the 80/20 gas and regulator though.

I've only seen it available online (the link is below) for $40/1lb spool of 308 stainless flux core. Does anyone have experience with flux core stainless wire feed?

Many thanks!!

http://www.usaweld.com/Flux-Cored-308-Stainless-Steel-Wire-p/308lfc-0-035-1.htm

·
FlatRateTech
18 Posts
curious do you really need 308? I lucked up on a full tank of helium, which I suspect would be more than suitable for just such an occasion, but I suspect that you could use a good grade flux core and argon with no much issue.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Find a old enough thread? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts