Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the new brakes shoes on and adjusted. Installed the front e-brake cable and went to go for a ride.

Pulled out of the garage and the pedal went to the floor:confused:

Back the truck into the garage and I got brake fluid EVERYWHERE .
I just blew out3 brake lines at the same time:eek::doh::mad:

The one from the master to the proportioning valve, the one from proportioning valve to the rear and one on the rear axle.

How the F*CK did I do that?!?!

Guess now is as good as any to get stainless brake lines

Any favorites on where to get them. I am sure I will be SOL on the one from the proportion valve to the rear since i hare the oddest truck known to man The CCSB

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
IMHO: Stainless is harder to double flare than the steel line. If you want to use stainless, I would go with a 37* AN flare (tube nuts and ferrels) on the stainless.

I make my one lines.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMHO: Stainless is harder to double flare than the steel line. If you want to use stainless, I would go with a 37* AN flare (tube nuts and ferrels) on the stainless.

I make my one lines.

Billy T.
[email protected]
Yeah. I dont have a flairing tool for stainless. I was just thinking about buying prebent stuff.

Another option is the Copper/steel alloy, but I cant find anyone local who has it

·
Registered
467 Posts
I bought SS Line from Summit Racing By the Roll.
When I did mine I started with a cheap flareing tool...What a pain in the AZZ
I bought a better one from Cornwell tools.

SS is a Harder materal.
It is tougher to bend and Flare,

I did all my E Fuel lines in SS also 5/16 and 3/8

Good Luck
John

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
How the F*CK did I do that?!?!
Massive big right leg from hitting the go peddle all the time....:bowfast:LOL

Thats so weird Brad... glad it happened close to home, man if that was at a light or stop with lotsa cross traffic...go buy a lotto ticket this is your luck day/week.

jrc

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up finding the copper/nickel alloy stuff at an Advance auto. The one local to me had no clue what I was talking about, and I even gave them a part number for it. The one 20 min away had 3 rolls in stock:rockwoot: So i bought 2 rolls and I am doing EVERY hard line in the truck and finally putting the stainless rear line in place of the rubber since my RSK kit. I ran aout of new fittings, I have to go and get some more

·
Registered
542 Posts
Inline tube The brake plumbing experts sells a 4 door kit. I bought one and had to cut and reflare the front to rear line. The kit was like 180 shipped or so. It includes every hard line and its perfect. All the line hit the mounting points and brackets flawlessly.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Inline tube The brake plumbing experts sells a 4 door kit. I bought one and had to cut and reflare the front to rear line. The kit was like 180 shipped or so. It includes every hard line and its perfect. All the line hit the mounting points and brackets flawlessly.
I was looking at them, I just couldnt wait the 3 days to get it. Why did you have to cut and reflare the front to back line?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts