Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to figure out why i have a good bit of turbo lag, and higher egts. I got a stage 2 colt cam because it was supposed to lower egts. Well before the cam swap, the compressor wheel got ruined by a rubber grommet that got sucked up in the intake. Im wondering who has installed the stage 2 colt cam, and what difference did it make egts wise..

Im also wondering if anyone knows the difference in powermax turbos. Apparently sometime in 2018 garrett changed the desighn. I have a feeling the new compressor wheel is not the right size, and its having to spin twice as hard to build boost pressure. Ive bought 900 bucks worth of compressor wheels and same issue.. it looks like the exducer part of the comp wheel has too much clearance to build boost properly. I hve used a stock pmax wheel(pretty sure it was for old style housing) i also used a billet 6+6 wheel with the same issue. And now i have a 11 blade wheel thatis 63.5x88.25 and it still seems like it isnt buding boost properly.. any insight would be appriciated

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts