Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best most reasonable stage 1's to get?

·
this $hit is expensive!
534 Posts
The best your gonna hear all different opinions... the most reasonable are rosewoods. If it were me I would lean toward sending them to Jim just because of the price and plus I haven't anything bad about him or his injectors. However when I purchase my 250/100's they will be through full force.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also what causes white/greyish/blueish smoke at start up and gets better as warms up but still there?is injectors/o-rings/and cups or what?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Unlimited Diesel builds a good stage 1 or bump it up with a 30% nozzle without crazy.

The white/greyish/blueish smoke can be any one number of things from O rings to injectors themselves to low compression.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will go with low compression then...lol

·
this $hit is expensive!
534 Posts
Dnt just assume! Do a compression test and get some numbers. If everything checks out there then pull your injectors and inspect everything.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the same problem lol thanks for helping me out with that. Unfortunately for me I hope its not the injectiors cuz I'm not in the market for any yet

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it has 210,000 on it and has alot of blowby

·
this $hit is expensive!
534 Posts
A lot of blowby meaning you did the "oil cap test" or whatever it is or did you measure actual crank case pressure?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No when you pull the dipstick theres blowby ,when you pull the cap theres blowby and no i did actually test the crank case pressure

·
this $hit is expensive!
534 Posts
Ok hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will chime in as I'm not a seasoned tech but still learning as I'm sure you are to. There is always going to be blowby when you pull the cap it is just determining whether its average or excessive. I took mine down to a buddy at the Ford garage to have the actual crankcase pressure measured and it was determined that I had excessive blowby. Your best bet is to pull the glo plugs and do a compression test before you get all crazy assuming your motor is shot.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i should run down to the ford shop here.I only say its on its down hill cause its had a hard life idling alot and then being off roading bouncing off the rev limiter and idling so more and everything is stock other then the water pump...lol

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Jim, do you confirm those on the bench before shipping at that price?

Yes, that's an outstanding deal on a set of new ACs right there....:rockon: I paid $225 each for mine 4 years ago (they were run on the bench first) from an Alliant dealer locally.

If you are in the market for new injectors, do not wait on this deal...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Jim, do you confirm those on the bench before shipping at that price?...
No, these would be drop shipped to you from my supplier.
If you want them tested I can do that for a little more $$$.
I used to test all the new ones I sold, but with the "small" injectors like stock & Stage-1's they have always flowed really well out of the box.
When you bump them up to Stage-2's, Stage-3's and bigger, flow testing becomes very critical, even with new ones. Just what I have seen.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I likely paid for my testing in the injector, but yours is a smoking deal for 2012. Are they all sold now? they should be...

I watched mine being tested and they were fine out of the box.

·
OOPS I KILLED A PENGUIN..
372 Posts
My buddy owns a twelve valve cummins that has so much blow by it will blow the dip stick out of the crank case...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts