Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
OOPS I KILLED A PENGUIN..
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon planning on stage one injectors. I haven't decided who from.?... I would like to know if i would gain any boost? Would my turbo be sufficient for the new injectors?

·
BrownBrothersPullingTeam
361 Posts
I am soon planning on stage one injectors. I haven't decided who from.?... I would like to know if i would gain any boost? Would my turbo be sufficient for the new injectors?
Your stock turbo will be fine, i put stage 1's in a guys truck last year(1996year of the truck) with stock charger and it runs great, im not sure on the boost id say close to 30, my old truck i had stage 1's with a d66 and ran 35 pounds of boost if that helps, so stock charger will be fine, but a d66 would be a good upgrade with injectors if the extra cash is there.

·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on purchasing one if it were to be cheap enough. What would one set you back? Also can you put different nozzles on stage 1's to upgrade them?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I run stage 1's and stock turbo all day every day...

If you are thinking about upgrading your nozzles though, I would start thinking about supporting mods such as turbo, fuel system, HPOP...

·
BrownBrothersPullingTeam
361 Posts
I was planning on purchasing one if it were to be cheap enough. What would one set you back? Also can you put different nozzles on stage 1's to upgrade them?
Yes, Nate at Unlimited Diesel is where i got the last set from, we recently installed there stage 1.5's which are 160cc/30% nozzles, great running injectors, they run better than stage 1's with lower egts, and check with Nate on the d66 and he can get you a price, i havent pruchased one in a couple years, i was thinking around $1125, but not sure, he is a sponsor on here, contact him on a price...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have one with stage 1s from Full Force and gearhead tunes. I don't know if he dialed my tunes back or not but on the all out setting I only see bout 23lbs of boost.

·
BrownBrothersPullingTeam
361 Posts

·
Heath
441 Posts
I have one with stage 1s from Full Force and gearhead tunes. I don't know if he dialed my tunes back or not but on the all out setting I only see bout 23lbs of boost.
I have matts tunes (never changed them when I switched to the stage 1's) and with the stock charger I was seeing 31-33 pounds\boost. Just switched to the d-66 and am at 35-36

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Stage 1s and stock turbo is probably my favorite setup for the OBS.

its so damn simple to do, with proper supporting mods and a good transmission your over 350hp.

If i was to start over and just wanted a truck to drive day in and day out it would be stage 1s, stock turbo, efuel, t500, BTS trans, exhaust/intake/gauges...and some live tuning. Call it done

·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I easily see 22 to 24 with my stock injectors. I am currently enrolled in school and one of our classes is automatic trans. I am going to build my tranny there in the class. We also have a dyno so it would be nice to have the injectors before spring... Would an air dog 150 be big enough for the stage 1's?

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
this might be the wrong place to post but my truck gets an engine light every time the boost goes past 25psi its an 02 with tw tunes, but that only happens when im really laying into it. i just dont do that but i always wondered why?
it prob has nothing to do with boost. you're probably losing oil pressure at wide open throttle. need a better HPOP

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
this might be the wrong place to post but my truck gets an engine light every time the boost goes past 25psi its an 02 with tw tunes, but that only happens when im really laying into it. i just dont do that but i always wondered why?
it prob has nothing to do with boost. you're probably losing oil pressure at wide open throttle. need a better HPOP

[email protected]
Although it could be a HPO issue... The truck is an 02 and I bet it's an overboost code...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.