Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I honestly dont like stacks a whole helluva lot but man im thinkin about 6 inch miders. What do yall think?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
those 6" miters will have a nice deep tone to them. some people will say that stack are loud.....some of those same people drive crew cabs, the trucks I have been in that have stacks were not that loud at all, even at highway speeds in a single cab SD it was not loud at all. couple times that was with dual 5" miters and a single 6" miter. the only way I can see them being loud an annoying is if they were cut below the cab and were on a cummings.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Miters!!!! Black Chrome like mine

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
alright sorry for the derail.

I know PSD0389 has a video somewhere on here of his truck with 6" miters, its in cab video.
Dark on light trucks

Light on Dark Trucks

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
4 inch
but i think stacks look retarded on pickups jmho
or dump it infront of the rear wheel

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
truck

pickup truck

notice the truck has a stack and the pickup does not.. you know what he meant you dont need to be a d!ck

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
single 7

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I personally think anything over a single 7" is just not needed.

there was a local guy that had a single 8" and between that and his lame mud grapplers it wasnt that hard to know where he was lol

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
I think it depends on what youre going to do with the truck. If you're eventually gonna hook to sleds or drag race you might wanna go with the stack. If not and you want just a regular exhaust go with that. Either way do what you wanna! It'll probably look good either way.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'd go for a 4" system with no muffler. A 5" exhaust is also available as well. I am not a fan of stacks, but to each his/her own. Seems like every truck(gas or diesel) around my area has a stack(s). Anway, like said before, pick what you like and what you will enjoy.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
my understanding was if you go 5 inch your going to have a hard time getting over the axle so to go that route you would be better off dumping infront the tire

1 - 20 of 29 Posts