Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Stacks - how big do I go

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  02_powerchoke_F350 
#1 ·
Big lift on 38's black reg can long bed. I'll black it all out and plan black stacks. Doing dual miter cut. Do I go 6" am keep it nice and clean. I always thought any bigger than that and it looks just silly. I don't want to look obnoxious with 55 gallon drums for stacks. What do you think. Go 7 or even 8"?

Pics if anyway can

#2 ·
If your doing duals I'd say 6" that's just me, single I would go 7" I think 8s are to big

#9 ·
Well. They are their an I guess it's a little fun. Was thinking a regular pipe so I can use the long bed but truck is so high I can't expect really using it anyway. To each his own. I personally think single stack is stupid looking but for sled an drag trucks it's ok.

And the truck is not very useful. That's what my 08 is for. The truck isn't useful at all on 38's and a 10" lift

#16 ·
Here is 5" not the best angles to really show you but you get some perspective, I didnt really want any bigger personally. They still need the lower brackets to be finished off.

#20 ·
I'll do anything not to drive the the stacks on it haha. Hopefully I can come up with something for painting grill and bumpers. I would like some big duty bumpers but who knows. Do a down pipe. First night I'm just doing axle fluids, engine oil, fuel filter, and air filter cleaning. Do some checking and more learning what's best for the 7.3 and do it haha. Probably order a tuner from beans as well since I'm told it has a bully dog in it. Scary.

#21 ·
Bully dog took the trans out of another friends 7.3, not that you have that problem, and not that it was all bullydogs fault. That kid drove like a straight up retard.
I've been reading a lot lately about plastidip for bumpers and grills.
Some beefy bumpers would look good though, I hate how they look n stock heigh trucks, but lifted you can get away with it easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.