Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a single 7" on my old truck and it was a CCLB and I thought it was the perfect size. Considering it on this new truck just not sure what size, dual or single, and color. Truck is a pueblo gold and black CC DRW 6.4.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
To be honest I would just run a regular exhaust with like a 7 inch tip. They look better in my opinion

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
i have 7 inch duals on my cclb dully and in my opinion they fit the truck perfectly. and sound awsome, i my opinoin

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah...not totally sold on duals as my last truck (Dmax..I know i know) had a single black 7" and it looked great. Just sold the truck was the only reason I don't have it anymore.

Anyone have pics of how your toolbox sits or if you have a crazy stack/toolbox combo

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
I understand I'm not a fan of single stacks but its all personal opinion. I had mbrp duals out the back on to trucks to and liked them also. I do like the sound out of the stacks from the 6.4 better then the cool duals tho

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
That will look good

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man. I traded it on this one...WAY too much money into it but got a good price for it. You know how those dmax's are man...great motors but they have some definite weak points..plus the IFS wasn't cutting it....I'm considering duals but more than likely will stick with a single.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Thanks man. I traded it on this one...WAY too much money into it but got a good price for it. You know how those dmax's are man...great motors but they have some definite weak points..plus the IFS wasn't cutting it....I'm considering duals but more than likely will stick with a single.
The Duramax is a powerhouse but the bottom end can't handle near the abuse that the 6.4L can handle. You also have to build the Allison much sooner than the 5R110 and add a lift pump much sooner.

IFS.....:doh:

:hehe:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Speak the truth!! you're preaching to the choir man. I had a built trans, lift pump, traction bars, EFILive, tie rod sleeves, S464 with custom 5" intake (when sold), S475 (too tight of a converter wouldn't spool for ####), 68mm Cheetah (ran 12.73 on that) and a stock turbo. LOL...let's say I can't make my mind up.

Don't forget transfer case pump rub, crappy stock centerlink, likes bending/throwing rods...and in 2 years I went through 3 full front suspensions

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
I agree 8 is a little much I got the 7s and they fit the truck perfect imo

·
Registered
377 Posts
7" looks great bud, make sure ya post up some pics. 6 is ok, 8 is a tad too big and 7 is a happy medium. I'm debating a stack also but I have a reg cab and might be too noisy in the cab on the highway with my 6.0. But I'm getting ready to tune our 6.4, can't wait!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.