Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at getting a pair of stacks or just a single stack. If I get a single angle cut, would I need to worry about water getting down the pipe? What size sounds the best, and what is a good system to get? I just wanna run it or them off my 4'' system

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
No you wont have to worry about water. It will make a mess occasionally when it rains at startup but it would have to rain a lot for a long time to fill the exhaust.

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
drill a small hole at the bottom of the 90 underneath the bed so water drains out. helps out so you don't have black water splatter all over the top of your truck

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
as said above. a small hole close to the 90 works great.

i had dual 7", sounded awesome unless on the highway, trying to have a conversation with windows down, sneaking home at night, warming up at 1100 rpm at 6 am ect. my personal reason's for stacks goes on...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
6am? I work construction. I have to be on distant jobsites for 7am.
my neighbors love the stacks I bet :) they hardly ever egg my truck

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Drain hole or not, the rain water will still wet the soot in the stack and get thrown out making a mess. I learned my lesson on stacks and will never run them again on a pickup

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
7 inch is the perfect size... for a single

·
Registered
1 Posts
On miter cut or straight cut stacks a rain cap that mounts inside the stacks looks the best and works well. I usually run turnouts so its never an issue

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
What works best is no stacks at all. You get to use the entire bed and not look like you have delusions that your pickup is a Kenworth. :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
unless you like to smoke out hondas in the summer time stacks offer a better place to send your exhaust. there is a reason most heavy trucks do not have weed burners

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
If it's tuned/running right it shouldn't be belching out smoke.

You're never going to convince me that there's a practical reason for stacks.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
If it's tuned/running right it shouldn't be belching out smoke.

You're never going to convince me that there's a practical reason for stacks.
Other than "looks" I totally agree

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
X2 on no stacks, they're just a p.i.t.a!! Get a nice 4 inch exhaust system dual or single in stainless and be done.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
X2 on no stacks, they're just a p.i.t.a!! Get a nice 4 inch exhaust system dual or single in stainless and be done.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'd have to say that they can be a PITA sometimes. I like the way they look and they do sound pretty good but besides that they do get annoying on the highway.

With that being said I have a diamond eye system ordered and will be taking stacks off this week. Whether they go back on is to be decided.

Go ahead and run them and make your own decision. I don't regret running my stacks.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
Stacks on a powerstroke are generally just an indicator of someone I'm about to embarrass. The hole does make it easy to wash leaves out of the bed though

1 - 20 of 28 Posts