Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im about to get some 6" mitre cut Grand Rock stacks put on my truck and was wondering what to use to cover them so rain water and stuff doesnt get into them when the trucks parked.

I have seen many guys who owner/operate heavy machines use buckets or coffe cans to cover their machines stack(s).

What do you guys do to cover your stacks? Is there anything made especially for this purpose??

Thanks!

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
I have a couple cans but i never use them..or forget to put them on...It will blow that s##t everywere on your truck and tool box when you start it

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I never have bothered covering any of mine in over 4 years of owning them. But if you want Complete or DPP sells nice stack covers.

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks for the info guys! My truck sits outside 24/7 and thought id get some for when it rains so it doesnt blow black soot water all over the truck.

Rain water would never get into the engine throught the stacks since they go down them back up to the turbo right?

I know some machines stacks go right down into the turbo and have heard some stories about ruined engines from water intake.

Agian, thanks:D

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Mine sits outside 24/7 as well in rain and snow, haven't had one issue yet, and I also drive it through the automatic car washes without issue as well. I believe the water will leak out the flex pipe if I'm not mistaken. I haven't seen any black water spray out of mine yet.

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Maybe flappers would be the way to go. if it is outside 24/7 u dont have to worry about taking them off in a rush or the pouring rain and getting soaked. ive had mine on for two yrs now and no soot on the truck since ive put them on. Its raing in the picture so it fits lol.

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe flappers would be the way to go. if it is outside 24/7 u dont have to worry about taking them off in a rush or the pouring rain and getting soaked. ive had mine on for two yrs now and no soot on the truck since ive put them on. Its raing in the picture so it fits lol.
Im not a huge fan of flappers on 3/4-1tons. Love them on semis and machine though. Sick truck!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
i always have 5 gallon buckets in the truck and find it is quick and easy/ non scratching to put them on in a hurry when its raining.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts