Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a new tune and wanted some input on whether I should go with the looney or SRL? I have had ID's and RCD's tunes before and wanted to try someone elses. Have heard good things about both the SRL and Looney just wanted some factors that would help me decide. Mods in Sig.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
I would go with gearheads srl. I run his srl+ and have had nnothing but good luck. I used to run innovative and rcd myself but would pick gearheads as my fav.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you say gearheads is your fav? The power and shifting better than ID's? My RCD tunes have good power just do not really like the shifts that much. Have a little flare going into third ever since I put the RCD tunes on. They are soft too that is why I liked my ID tunes better so far becuase of the trans tuning was firmer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like both
Loony has great bottom end power

Srl shifts like a race car furm and fast

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Why would you say gearheads is your fav? The power and shifting better than ID's? My RCD tunes have good power just do not really like the shifts that much. Have a little flare going into third ever since I put the RCD tunes on. They are soft too that is why I liked my ID tunes better so far becuase of the trans tuning was firmer.
Well gearheads and innovatives I say are very similar. They both have great power and the shifting is amazing. If u likes innovatives u will like gearhaeds. I ran rcd also and hated them. Shifting wasn't that good and less power. Also the throttle was f-ed up. It was like 0-50% throttle was smooth then after that it was like just wide open. I hated that.

·
burning mine saving yours
183 Posts
Well gearheads and innovatives I say are very similar. They both have great power and the shifting is amazing. If u likes innovatives u will like gearhaeds. I ran rcd also and hated them. Shifting wasn't that good and less power. Also the throttle was f-ed up. It was like 0-50% throttle was smooth then after that it was like just wide open. I hated that.
Question for you or anyone else who has both, which one do you prefer out of ID/Gearheads and why? I've run vivian's and ID's and currently run the extreme street as my dd. Im willing to try Matt, but im wondering if by switching im going to notice anything obviously different or is it "tomato" / "tomatoe"???

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wondering now if I should just go back to my ID aggressive street tune or get the SRL? I loved the aggressive street but after my fuel pump went out and took 3 injectors with it I changed over to RCD. I do not think the tuning had anything to do with the fuel pump failing though.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Its pretty much tomato/ tomatoe. It would be nice if someone else that ran both would give there opinion. Personally I will stick with gearhead because I guess his shifting might be a little better than innovative........sorry I couldn't be more helpful. They are just very similar

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I run srl and idp and they are in no way similar. Srl i use for a race tune. The tune is made and best used for hauling as$. Theres very mininmal smoke and its just an overall quick tune. IDP is my DD it has all the power as srl just all the excess fuel aka you can blow alot of smoke if your not careful. Its an amazing tune to me. Both tunes have perfect shifting. Both tunes can be easyily DD. The if i had to choose one tune to run on my truck for the rest of its life it would be IDP.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
SRL is about the only hot tune I haven't tried yet. Currently sticking with GoGo (Doug's) race with stock lockup for daily driving. Love this tune.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Imho gearheads is just as smokey as idp. I can fill an intersection just fine. Not that that's why I got the tune but they are both smokey

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Imho gearheads is just as smokey as idp. I can fill an intersection just fine. Not that that's why I got the tune but they are both smokey
How old is your tune? New SRL blows NO smoke. Its not even comparable to idp. I barley haze with SRL and run 14.4 with it.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
I said it was srl+ I run and its about 8 months old

·
loud and long
567 Posts
How do u think u get more boost????????

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
How old is your tune? New SRL blows NO smoke. Its not even comparable to idp. I barley haze with SRL and run 14.4 with it.
my brand new version of the SRL will fill an intersection if I mash the throttle just like the version previous to it
and just like my IDP did but it may have been a little less ? in stock tune mine does not smoke at all

I have to ease in to it to avoid the smoke
I do not use my IDP tunes anymore just because I didn't like the shifting
and my SRL tune is quicker

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
How do u think u get more boost????????
Ask gearhead. Vanes on turbo. IDK.

my brand new version of the SRL will fill an intersection if I mash the throttle just like the version previous to it
just like my IDP did

I have to ease in to it to avoid the smoke
I do not use my IDP tunes anymore just because I didn't like the shifting
and my SRL tune is quicker
Theres no way that this keeps happening to my tunes? SRL layed down the same time idp did. 14.4 @93

·
Registered
438 Posts
I run the srl ++ and it doesn't blow a lot of smoke. Cleans up quick too

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Gearhead has a srl++ whats the differ between that and the srl+

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
Ask Matt