Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 350 with 50,000 on the engine .. I notice at low speeds like in town I have a high pitch squeal coming from driver side front wheel .. it goes away when I tap the brake pedal but will come back after a little bit ..can barely hear it with window up but very noticeable with it down.. took wheel off pads look really thick nothing noticeably rubbing .. any help on ideas would be great ...thanks

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
That would be my first thought that maybe the brake caliper is slightly rubbing as you drive and it heats up and expands the slightest bit.

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
I personally have never changed brakes on a super duty or large vehicle but I would imagine the brakes our the same setup as a car. You should be able to loosen up the brake caliper the same way I would think I personally would just take it to a brake place and have them do it to be safe better then messing it up your brakes not working properly in my opinion. Just my .2 cents

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any worries bout taking it apart done it a bunch just thought you might know a trick that I didn't ...thanks for the input

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you have the metal debris shield behind the brake rotor? If so check and see if it is possibly bent and rubbing the back side of the rotor. Had that happen before, and it doesn't take much to bend it as it is thin metal. Could be the issue and it is easy enough to check it and rule it out if not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Blue Hawg..thanks I gave it a quick look the other day when I was checking the pads guess I need to look closer ...I figured it would do it all the time if it was rubbing that's why I didn't look really close

1 - 8 of 8 Posts