Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lost. I have a squeaking sound coming from the front and rear of my truck. I don't hear it unless I am driving across uneven ground or hitting bumps. If I am on flat ground it isn't there. Its obviously something in the suspension or drivetrain part of the truck, but I can't figure out where it is coming from. Its a really high pitched squeaking, like the sound styrofoam makes when it squeaks. Any help is much appreciated.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i would say mine does the same...but mine comes from the seatbelts.
maybe its metal against metal? did it make it before you leveled it out?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its been leveled since about 2,000 miles. It has 77,000 miles now. I didn't start noticing it until the last few months. I thought it could have been a loose cab bolt, but that has been checked out. It is loudest it seems up front.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i would think some bushings? thats all i could think about. im thinking of doing energy suspension for mine.
i have the same squeaking noise when i go off-roading or not on a level surface.
since i had my shocks fixed with new seals i havent noticed it...then again i havent been on uneven surfaces since then either.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Come by Kyle's dad's shop tomorrow and Ill get it figured out. The squeak in the rear of these trucks usually comes from the tail gate. Where it latches on has a tiny bit of play and will squeek when you go over a bump. Put some grease on the latches and arms and it will go away. Drove me nuts for two months till i figured it out.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come by Kyle's dad's shop tomorrow and Ill get it figured out. The squeak in the rear of these trucks usually comes from the tail gate. Where it latches on has a tiny bit of play and will squeek when you go over a bump. Put some grease on the latches and arms and it will go away. Drove me nuts for two months till i figured it out.
Wish I had seen this last night or you had text me lol

Its definitely not the tailgate. I am hearing it in the front end, like coming from the front fender well. I also hear it a little bit if I shut my door to hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts