Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys?

This is my first diesel and the first problem I've had with it so I'm reaching out for a little help.

The truck idles and starts completely fine, even after it dies. It's not throwing any codes. The only problems I have found is that there is fuel in the valley and my fuel filter restriction sensor drips some fuel.

The first time it happened I had to merge onto an on-ramp pretty hard, I then came off the throttle to roll through a toll booth and it died. I had about a 1/4 tank of fuel, maybe a little less, so I thought I just caught some air from the fuel tank. Made it the rest of the way home without issue except I had a touch of a lopey idle. Put fuel in the truck and everything was normal again.

Second time it happened I turned right from a stop sign and got into the throttle a little bit because I was in a hurry, came off the throttle to roll up to another stop sign and it died. I blew a rusty brake line coming from the hydraulic unit from mashing the pedal to get stopped in time.

Truck sat for 2 days before I found the time to bend the new brake line, install it and bleed the brakes. Road testing the brakes is when it started sputtering/chugging when coming to complete stops from cruising speed.

I can make the truck act up if I accelerate to 2k rpm from a dead stop and then let off the throttle. It'll either sputter with a little white smoke or completely cut out.

I've replaced the CPS and inspected all my UVCH with everything looking ok.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
The high pressure side of the fuel pump might be going out.

Have you checked the fuel pressure yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts