Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard of people spraying there rims with diesel fuel to protect them does this work?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wouldnt suggest it until you know for sure just because you wanna make sure it isnt going to ruin your wheels some how! just a suggestion!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i would spray fluid film spray on them instead. its thicker, sticks better and is actually meant for this. You can get it at most john deere farm stores or online. comes in an aerosol can or bucket.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
That is going to do wonders for contaminating brake pads if your not super careful

and Fluid film stinks I wonder if your truck will smell from a distance LOL

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would spray fluid film spray on them instead. its thicker, sticks better and is actually meant for this. You can get it at most john deere farm stores or online. comes in an aerosol can or bucket.
Another vote for Fluid Film. It may smell a bit but it's not a bad smell, just odd. But the stuff works. I have used it every year on my 8 year old 4Runner as an undercoat and I have zero rust or other body rot on my vehicle - and that is in Vermont salt and now this brine solution they put down that coats the vehicle white with salt. And it is environmentally friendly and cheap.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
it smells like a Sheep dog I once used to watch the owners told Me the dogs fur was naturally lanolin coated ,, I wonder if Fluid Film is actually Made from lanolin

or Sheep Dogs ?

LOL

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where i get fluid film from? i guess i willl go with it

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
like J stated John Deere tractor supply has it

I think I have recently seen it at autozone ?

Fluid Film is a solvent free, lanolin based rust/corrosion preventive and lubricant that provides long term protection and lubrication for all metal surfaces.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i will try autozone john deer not close enough

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I've used the armor wheel protectant. Seems to work ok but I don't use it in the summer as it leaves a haze on the wheels

·
92 Posts
i also suggest boeshield T-9. we use it in the marine industry a lot its great product. leaves a waxy residue that protects very well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts