Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were can you get the spray tint at? has anyone ever tried it on the head lights or marker lights? thanks for any help. Bryan

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
VHT night shades Most of the chain parts houses carry it.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I did my tail lights as they were all chaulky and faded.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I sprayed my taillights but I didn't use Nightshades I used gloss black Krylon it's been on for 6 months and it still looks great.

·
Registered
871 Posts
You probably have it's actually really good paint I think. All I did was scratch up the lenses with a brillo pad and thats 2 light coats of spray

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably a stupid question did you spray the inside or out?

·
Powerstroked
602 Posts
Krylon isn't really supposed to be a transparent paint though is it? Can you take a picture of your brake lights in sunlight?

VHT Niteshade. I bought mine at Summit. I still haven't sprayed it yet though..

·
Winners never quit!
502 Posts
Have you tried your local auto parts stores??? Advance, Auto Zone, Etc.. Our local stores just recently started carryin VHT Nite Shades within the last yr or so. My tails and 3rd brake light are coated with nite shades and I've been very happy with it.

·
Powerstroked
602 Posts
Have you tried your local auto parts stores??? Advance, Auto Zone, Etc.. Our local stores just recently started carryin VHT Nite Shades within the last yr or so. My tails and 3rd brake light are coated with nite shades and I've been very happy with it.
Show them the pictures that you showed me!? Your tails look so good!

·
Powerstrokeless
71 Posts
I have done all my lights with niteshades even blacked out the reflectors on the headlights of the d-max. used a few coats of niteshades and then two or three coats of clear. Been like that for over a year now and no peeling or fading.

·
Stroker
231 Posts
If you use it make sure you spray a couple coats of clear on too or it will look trashy. IMO it looks retarded if you tint your headlights.

Here's a pic of all my tail lights tinted lightly and clear.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I sprayed my taillights but I didn't use Nightshades I used gloss black Krylon it's been on for 6 months and it still looks great.

That actually looks pretty good Ross......

but you should spend less money on paint, and more on performance parts, after all you did get smoked a month ago by a certain fummins:D

·
Registered
871 Posts
That actually looks pretty good Ross......

but you should spend less money on paint, and more on performance parts, after all you did get smoked a month ago by a certain fummins:D
Chris who let you on this site. For your information the paint was free and I would spend more money on go fast goodies but my truck isn't paid off yet. Don't worry if you didn't have the gears you had in that truck you wouldn't have beaten me. O next time lets go after 80 MPH I bet you won't catch me then:D

·
Ramond is a ritard
123 Posts
I just bought mine at wal-mart and did it. It looks sweet, but when the lights are on you can tell it isn't the real deal. But works for me I already have someone that wants me to show them how to do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
im surprised how well the krylon worked on the lights. i recently did my car tailights with the nightshade, but they didnt come out as glossy..

looks reall good

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
im surprised how well the krylon worked on the lights. i recently did my car tailights with the nightshade, but they didnt come out as glossy..

looks reall good
Clear them when you do it mine are dull too but the ones I have seen where clear coated.

·
Ramond is a ritard
123 Posts
i clear coated mine they all look good except for the head lights i put to much krylon black on and it made them dim im gonna try again tomorrow

1 - 20 of 21 Posts