Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has a '95-'97 non-cali auto truck with split shot injectors in it? And what are you doing for programming? My brother has a '95 Auto truck with stock AD's and its currently running single shot programs causing the idle to be too low(not enough PW at idle). That in turn is making it stall when slowing to turn or stop and start hard. I talked to Jon at Swamps and he doesn't program for splits in single trucks (I don't blame him), and said it would cost more than a set of babys to live tune. Pretty much we're looking for a cheaper alternative to changing injectors on the truck. Jon said try a 10k mod to get more ICP at idle, but I think that will be detrimental to top end as the truck (335K miles, stock AD's, and stock 15°) already throws a P1211 under heavy load (1500 psi at WOT).

Currently its running TDE1 programming on the chip, and I have MME('97 Cali) programs, but the info I have is that the OBS single shot and split shot PCMs are different DPC codes (202 vs. 312) so I'm leary to trying a chip with MME programs in a NAW, TEE, TDE computer.

Any help appreciated, thanks

-Michael

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I'm actually suprised that there's no tunes for AD's and a modded 17*. Seems like a cheap way to get some power out of an OBS truck.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm actually suprised that there's no tunes for AD's and a modded 17*. Seems like a cheap way to get some power out of an OBS truck.
there are a few who told me they could do it. i really need to get some new tunes to run these ADs right.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are a few who told me they could do it. i really need to get some new tunes to run these ADs right.
Who all have you talked to? I talked to Matt at gearhead today after I posted this thread and he's willing to work on it until it's right for his reburn price, but it would be alot of sending the chip back and forth. I was really looking for a vendor who would write the tunes and e-mail them to me being I have a burner of my own. I don't blame them if they're not willing to let them out like that though, being the way they make their living

-Michael

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i talked to gearhead, PHP, beans, swamps and wildman. i think beans was working on some and tony said he could do it. PHP could also do it but was way out of my price range. swamps would not tune split shots in an OBS.

·
Registered
183 Posts
hey Michael im running AD's with jody's tunes and no problems but im running the adrenaline hpop before i would get a code at WOT but no issues since changing the pump like a totally different truck for the little amount of money i spent on the injector o-rings and programming:pullover:

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Michael, that is the same code as my 95. I ran Cales tunes back then(7 years ago??). The throttle was a little touchy(ICP at idle was a bit too high), but it ran good. I had Hypermax Stage2 splits at the time(AD's with larger nozzles). I did find that the 10k mod made it idle perfect. Might be worth a shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts