Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Brian
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pulled 460 auto slapped a cummins 5 speed in. An cut the trans harness and now the speedo is sayig 85 mpg any idea where i should start looking . The trans harness is unplugged under hood.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the speedo on that should read off the rear diff. and not have anything to do with the trans wiring. did you by chance have the instrument cluster out of the dash. i found on mine that if you put it back in and the needle is flipped over by moving the cluster around that it will not come back on it's own because it is electronic and does not have a spring return. it might come back if you hit 85 and then slow down.

·
Brian
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt do anything with the dash. Just pulled the 460 unpluged wiring harness. Then put cummins in and now speedo doesnt work. does it go from rear to dash or is there a stop on the way?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to hijack, but nice to see you over here Johnny499!!!
Thanks man been here for a while, it has been a good resource for my build, just found something i can hopefully help with.

I believe it hits the ECM inbetween
I am sure you are correct on this, it also goes to the anti lock brake controller as well as the cruise control. I will double check my schematics and see what i can come up with for possible cause/fix.

·
Brian
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the brakes do feel spongy and I have not seen the ecm yet. It worked with the 460 it is prob a wiring issue.

·
Brian
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed it slef

1 - 8 of 8 Posts