Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem started out as a surge when the cruise control was engaged. I noticed that the speedometer needle fluctuated slightly at that time. The fluctuation got worse to the point the cruise control wouldn't stay engaged. I drove a little farther and the ABS light came on. I stopped for fuel and when I took off the ABS light was off. However, the overdrive light on the shifter was flashing and the truck shifted hard. The speedometer needle was steady at slower speeds, but at highway speed it jumped between 40 and 80 mph. Do I have a speed sensor that has gone bad? Is it the transmission speed sensor or is it the ABS speed sensor that is in the differential? If you all decide it's not the speed sensor at all, what should I be looking for? Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Just as a WAG I would say that it is the sensor, wierd things happen when they start to go bad or are bad.

You only have one, the one on the rear diff. When replacing it make sure that the new one is seated properly even if you have to tap it a little with a hammer to get it to seat.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Also be sure to check the wiring from the sensor to the PSOM. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts