Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Speed Limiter?

8K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  racehauler 
#1 ·
Latest DIesel Power (Nov 2007), Page 118, middle column.
Zane Is also working with TS to develop a prototype speed box that will allow him to raise the factory speed limiter
I didn't think the OBS had a speed limiter. Rev limiter, yes, but I have never heard of a speed limiter. I specifically asked Cale about this when he burned my chip: I wanted a 'mom' tune for when she wanted to borrow it. Instead I got high idle.
Or is DP smoking something really strong?

#2 ·
It is there and Jody does not need a box to fix it. Test on my truck two weeks ago.

Tom

#8 ·
Damn dude a buck forty is haulin. Interesting on the 4x4 information.

Tom

#14 ·
If its the 4x4 think, then just unplug the harness from the T-case and it will think your in 2wd all the time. Since its OBS's were talking about.

-Michael

#20 ·
I know mine will do close to 100mph. That's with 4.10s, 31" tires & stacks!:D
Just looking at the speedo I would guess I was going about 100mph or at least very high 90s!
Not too shabby for an old non-turbo IDI. ;)

#21 ·
Food for thought:

Stock diameter tires: (For reference only, my 285s are the same diameter as the factory stock 235s)

4.10s, 3300 rpm, 104 mph, (3300 rpm stock rev limiter)
4.10s, 3850 rpm, 120 mph (chip raised rev limiter)
3.55s, 3300 rpm, 120 mph
3.55s, 3850 rpm, 140 mph (chip raised rev limiter)

Gearing makes a difference and if you have the ponies (and the cojones) you can do it. :D Anyone know of any speed rated pickup truck tires?:D

#23 ·
Food for thought:

Stock diameter tires: (For reference only, my 285s are the same diameter as the factory stock 235s)

4.10s, 3300 rpm, 104 mph, (3300 rpm stock rev limiter)
4.10s, 3850 rpm, 120 mph (chip raised rev limiter)
3.55s, 3300 rpm, 120 mph
3.55s, 3850 rpm, 140 mph (chip raised rev limiter)

Gearing makes a difference and if you have the ponies (and the cojones) you can do it. :D Anyone know of any speed rated pickup truck tires?:D
Probley have to get some street tires like Project X has.

#25 ·
As posted above, my speed limiter is my rev limiter now. With 4.10's and stock tires I've hit it a few times while racing some punks on the street.
Luckilly I was far enough ahead that I just let off and called the race over when I hit the rev limiter. :hehe:

100 mph is pleanty fast in a dually truck IMHO.

#33 ·
Technically it is centrifugal, but who's counting???

All we care about is making a stroker go fast, the terminoligy is nonessential!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.