Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i turn my volume above 15 or so i start to hear a fuzzy sound in them.all the speakers do it.they r all still factory speakers.i did have a amp and sub in the truck but took them out a few months back.any ideas?thanks

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
i would guess blown, but it's strange that all speakers do it. try fading to each corner and see if they sound EXACTLY the same. if so, prolly something else. if they al just sound like crap but differently.. prolly blown. also, if you have another speaker laying around that you know is good.. try hooking it up to one of the outputs and see if it is scratchy oo.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Pull the door panel. All of mine sounded like shyt when i bought my truck, they were all nothing but cone when I checked them. All of the outer area had rotted off...

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
that works too.. just tryin to save him some wrench time. and i dont care what ANYONE says.. walmart VR3s are the shizz!:D

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
ya, i have precision powers i think. just built a cooler radio and used VR3s cuz they were cheap. that thing rocks! i got a blown speaker in my truck now.. gonna replace it with some cheapos when i get around to it

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just checked it today and actually its just the front two that are making the noise.i think im gana get two new cheapies from walmart and install em

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
ya, if you listen to the radio at all, you should at least replace the factory speakers. drop in replacements are too cheap and make too big of a diference not to!

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
What size speakers are for the super duty's? And my front door rattles a bit whne my factory speakers are cranked up. Would just a dynamat speaker kit fix the problem along with new speakers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts