Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
07 fx4 superduty..6.0
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size are the front door speakers and rear speakers 2007 ccsb and has anyone mounted speakersin the rear doors?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The oem size is 6X8. 5X7's have the same moutning tabs and will drop in also. Its also fairly easy to make or buy an adapter plate to convert to 6 1/2 coaxial or components.

Ive seen a few installs with speakers added to the rear doors but i wouldnt worry about it. The front doors (and front sound stage) are much more important.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agreed with SPL. Making your own adapter plates is the way I go. Very easy to do and the quality is much better than the ones you buy. I use the Wal Mart Mainstays thick HDPE cutting boards that are 3 bucks a piece. They are thick, water resistant and wont rattle. I have round speakers in both of my rides that take the 5x7-6x8 size.

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Like this.

·
546 Posts
I have a 04 would it still be the same size ? So your saying a aftermarket 6x8 won't fit like oem but a 5x7 will ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
6x8 will fit 6x9 will not.

·
07 fx4 superduty..6.0
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@work&play
Is that too much mounted up there sound wise
I like the idea of mounting them there but if I roll the window down just a hair and forget that the sunroof has water on it that's right where it falls..... I have the alpine type r speakers in there now ( great speakers ) but the mid is cracking.... I want to add components

·
Registered
338 Posts
@work&play
Is that too much mounted up there sound wise
I like the idea of mounting them there but if I roll the window down just a hair and forget that the sunroof has water on it that's right where it falls..... I have the alpine type r speakers in there now ( great speakers ) but the mid is cracking.... I want to add components
My vent visors stop them from getting wet.

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
I mounted mine in the sail panel
even with vent visors they would be in harms way if I mounted them on that area pictured
and sail panels are cheap if I ever decided to remove the tweeters

·
Registered
133 Posts
I mounted mine in the sail panel
even with vent visors they would be in harms way if I mounted them on that area pictured
and sail panels are cheap if I ever decided to remove the tweeters
Got any pics?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts