Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recieve a spartan,5 inch,down pipe and drop in p-7 air filter from rudys last week and wow what a difference. my question/problem is in the 250 tune I'm getting really high temps on short runs(over 1700), the dash/daq is alarming and I get out of it.
Has any one had a drop in filter and went to a full intake and seen egt's go down? or in general what works with the new 250 tune?

·
Registered
960 Posts
recieve a spartan,5 inch,down pipe and drop in p-7 air filter from rudys last week and wow what a difference. my question/problem is in the 250 tune I'm getting really high temps on short runs(over 1700), the dash/daq is alarming and I get out of it.
Has any one had a drop in filter and went to a full intake and seen egt's go down? or in general what works with the new 250 tune?
With a full intake it will drop it will be geting alot more air.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a bunch of people are using the 250 tune to daily drive, just seams hot
or my setup is way hot, when I leave work,I have a lot of wantabe race car drivers to deal with and the 250 tune is the ticket other than the heat. I've ben running the 175 tune because it's like the highest normal driving one I've found. I just like to ask because some of you guys have all ready been through this stuff with the tunes and what works the best.

·
Where fools fear to tread
313 Posts
I see a bunch of people are using the 250 tune to daily drive, just seams hot
or my setup is way hot, when I leave work,I have a lot of wantabe race car drivers to deal with and the 250 tune is the ticket other than the heat. I've ben running the 175 tune because it's like the highest normal driving one I've found. I just like to ask because some of you guys have all ready been through this stuff with the tunes and what works the best.
The 250 should be a very good daily driver. The high egt's are just from hard acceleration. The boost pressure will top out quicker with the 250 than the 175 giving you higher egt's. Keep listening to the egt warning and you should be OK.
I run the 310 all the time with no problems other than hard shifts and trying to keep my right foot under control. Great mileage, lots of power when you need it and so on. My 8,300 lb truck will launch hard enough in 4X4 to clear the dash of accumulated junk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts