Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the PDF / Cat Delete Pipe and the Dash Daq with the Spartan Tunes in my Dad's 08 F-450 last night. I loaded the 75 tune to make sure everything stays together when my Dad is pulling the big loads.

I exhaust was a pain to get off but only took a couple of hours to get everything done.

My Dad now has a 9100 LB hot rod. The exhaust sounds great and the big 19.5 dulls light up easy. I has sure his truck will eat my truck for lunch now. Hopefully I will be able to hang with him once I get my Injectors in

The Dash Daq is sweet. I wish I knew about it before I installed my gauges, scan gauge and GPS. The Dash Daq has all this built in and more and is only $695. I have a lot more $$ in my set up. Here is a link to the Dash Daq...

DashDAQ from Drew Technologies

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dad just called me. He his on his first road trip with the new tunes and no DPF. He has pulled a few 6% hills and is pulling 22K. He is getting 12 MPG :) We got 8.5 on the last trip without the mods.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep... My Dad is a happy camper :) His old 95 would get 10.5 pulling the same load but is would not hold the speed on the hills and did not ride or drive even close to his 08.

He called me back and had a question I can't find on the Net. He said his DashDaq is showing EFTI and when it hits 140 on the hill it starts flashing and he wants to know what it is.

Anyone know what EFTI is???

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
what you probably mean is EFT1... that means fuel rail temperature. depends on what he has the DD set up for, monitor wise, that is what he will get. the 140 is the warning that its set at.
what is being monitored?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks... He looked at again and yes it EFT1. He did not change any of the settings from when we bought it. I wonder why they have the warning set at 140 Deg F???

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i wouldnt worry too much. i dont know what the temps should be as far as that, it isnt something i pay attention to much to. have him monitor fuel rail pressure and pay extra close attention to coolant, oil, trans and EGT temps since he tows alot...from what you said prior

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I installed the PDF / Cat Delete Pipe and the Dash Daq with the Spartan Tunes in my Dad's 08 F-450 last night. I loaded the 75 tune to make sure everything stays together when my Dad is pulling the big loads.

I exhaust was a pain to get off but only took a couple of hours to get everything done.

My Dad now has a 9100 LB hot rod. The exhaust sounds great and the big 19.5 dulls light up easy. I has sure his truck will eat my truck for lunch now. Hopefully I will be able to hang with him once I get my Injectors in

The Dash Daq is sweet. I wish I knew about it before I installed my gauges, scan gauge and GPS. The Dash Daq has all this built in and more and is only $695. I have a lot more $$ in my set up. Here is a link to the Dash Daq...

DashDAQ from Drew Technologies
Hey where did he get his exhaust and spartan from? That is cheap $695 for a DD??

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The $695 was just for the DashDaq. The complete kit was $1400. With the miles my Dad drive it should pay for it self in no time :) His truck already has 177K miles on it.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
695 for a spartan?

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
seen other post that someone said it was 695. ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts