Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard spartan came out with a sled pull tune for the 6.0s... anybody run it? Im trying to find the hottest tune I can for mine....

·
Registered
297 Posts
honestly i never liked spartins 6.0 tuning (free tunes) just dident do it for me. I really like Dougs Race tune as the have great shifting more toque than any tune i have tried, and spot on torque converter locking but i have never tried his at the track. Erics race has less lowend (not by far), you feel every time it shifts BUT It is has more topend than dougs and i did a 13.7 tune only with his tune. Erics and Dougs just seem to be where do you want that umph.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
JD, I tried a bunch of the free spartan tunes and they were just terrible on my truck. I know others have had good luck but I did not. The transmission shifting was just awful and in fact it even messed up some of my Innovative tunes. I had to set the truck back to stock, bring my SCT in the house and erase it clean, then re-load my Innovative tunes, retuned the truck and it was fine after that. I quickly deleted those spartan tunes...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Do you guys think Spartan will get back to tuning 6.0, or with the way the 6.4 took off probably no chance.

·
Registered
297 Posts
JD, I tried a bunch of the free spartan tunes and they were just terrible on my truck. I know others have had good luck but I did not. The transmission shifting was just awful and in fact it even messed up some of my Innovative tunes. I had to set the truck back to stock, bring my SCT in the house and erase it clean, then re-load my Innovative tunes, retuned the truck and it was fine after that. I quickly deleted those spartan tunes...

I had to do the same thing!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone heard anything on that 175 tune? You guys said the free tunes suck, but what about that one? That may be a dash daq tune or whatever? Any info?

·
Registered
772 Posts
hes supposed to have the dashdaq out soon if its not already out. I run erics race tune and the ficm tuning. it gives plenty of power. Innovative would get my vote for a very hot tune. the only difference is that the dashdaq will be able to reflash the ficm as well but if you already have an sct, just mail it out and you will get the same tuning ability, just for alot less money. I wouldnt run one of the free tunes in my truck. from what ive heard some have of the archived tunes havebecome corrupted and I ould rather not risk damaging my truck.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Sam just to be sure, you are saying that I can send my SCT back to Eric and he can now tune the FICM with it in addition to programing the motor and transmission?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sam just to be sure, you are saying that I can send my SCT back to Eric and he can now tune the FICM with it in addition to programing the motor and transmission?
You need to send in the FICM to get it tuned by Innovative

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I call bs. There is no way a tune can get into another tune and mess with it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Kinda lost me there. You saying you went from dj to spartan back to dj? You don't think that could just be in your head type thing? BTW I'm not being a smart a$$ either, just askin.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is possible that one tune could have worn out a solenoid or clutch... and changes in line pressure with different tunes could make it more apparent. I know my truck takes a few miles to get used to each different tune

·
Registered
772 Posts

no, sorry should have made it clearer, you have to send eric the ficm, not the sct. the sct only tunes the tcm and ecm, not the ficm. eric has to hook the ficm to his computer directly to do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts