Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been talked about before but I cannot seem to find a clear answer. I uploaded the 275 tune today and ran it easy for a while. When I finally got on it the shifting is all over the place. It is very sporadic and seems like it doesn't know when to shift. I have heard that I can do the re-learn process but not only is the shifting weird, but when I got to 4th gear it just completely dropped off. It felt like the tranny just kind of gave up and let go. Is this because the tune was downloaded today and it just isn't used to it yet? The tranny completely dropping off like that has me concerned. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has definitely gotten better the past few days. But it's still de-fueling every time I get on it. How long will this last?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also it seems that different tunes are messing up some wiring. When I put it in the 275 tune, the windshield wipers come on for about 10-15 seconds. When I put it In a different tune that doesn't happen. Also, when I put it in the 210 tune my check engine light comes on. It is showing 4 codes and although I don't understand what they mean, it seems like it is saying it is looking for the egr. But the tune is a 210 dpf off. Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it but my reverse lights and back up sensors are not working either in these tunes. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did have a U code. I was told by spade at Spartan to clear these codes. I think it said failure to communicate with ecm/pcm. I was also told by Mike to unplug the tuner from the truck completely and run it for about a week and see if it stopped. This did not work either, still defueling every time I hit the gas hard. This is very frustrating, I just bought a new truck and cant even get on the gas :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the oil cooler went out this morning. Not sure if that had anything to do with all of this. Either way that has to get fixed first. Spoolin up93, the only check engine light I have gotten so far is when I tried to run a 210 tune without an egr. I switched to the egr delete tunes and haven't had issues with that since.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Because the 210 is an egr on tune unless you have the egr off tunes only the 275 and up are egr off. I have all egr off tunes and can run them even though I still have my egr valve because the base of the tune is just turning the valve off

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gotcha. thanks. anyone have any ideas on the constant de-fueling? Again, I know this is normal in the re learn phase. however, i have been running this tune for 2 weeks now. It defuels almost every time I really get on it. Could i just adjust the limits on the programmer to keep it from doing this?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
gotcha. thanks. anyone have any ideas on the constant de-fueling? Again, I know this is normal in the re learn phase. however, i have been running this tune for 2 weeks now. It defuels almost every time I really get on it. Could i just adjust the limits on the programmer to keep it from doing this?
Adjusting the limits will only change when the monitor alerts you. All safety settings are built into the tune. The only safety settings the 275 tune has are for the transmission. If the transmission has learned, there should be no defuel unless slip is being detected. The only other thing I could think of that would cause a defuel at WOT would be a fueling issue, either related to the HPFP (pressure control valve) or the LPFP (bad or weak pump).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there any way to tell if either the hpfp or lpfp is bad? Or will I just know when it goes out? I have done the torque convertor slip test and it stayed under 10 when locked out so I don't THINK it's the tranny. What are some ways to tell? Thanks

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You can test the low pressure pump by checking the pressure. There is a fitting at the top of the motor where a gauge can be hooked up. It's difficult to diagnose the HPFP. Diagnostic tests can be ran through IDS (I'm pretty sure) on the pressure and volume control valve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts