Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running the old version (2010) +250 tune and am seeing 77-82 psi EP when I stomp on it. Does this seem excessive? I don't want to blow head gaskets. Are the new updated tune better as far as lower EP readings?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the EP parameter which I guess is actual. So subtracting 14.0 (sea level) 63 to 68 actual?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did some searching and am still confused. Seems to be alot of questions about Spartan tunes EP readings, but mostly with the high 275,310 tunes. Do the latest updated tunes lower Exaust Presssure ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeff, I checked and they are both the same 14.3 psi. So are my readings high or OK? I never updated to the newer tunes because I have been happy with the old +250 tune. The EP # concerns me though. I really can't afford to do headgaskets and studs.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
As long as boost isn't really high, back pressure isn't going to compromise your head gaskets. The newer tunes are better with regards to back pressure though. As long as you aren't seeing 70+ after the the subtraction, you're not compromising anything.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sounds the same as my truck was with those tunes. Download the new tunes. They seem to be much better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I have the new tunes on a Sd card ready to go that Spartan sent me. I guess I should still stay away from the big tunes 275,300,310 since I still have the stock headbolts?
Since I still have the really old tunes (Feb. 2010) do I have to do anything extra to load the updated tunes? And is there any going back to the old tunes after using the new?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks Jeff. Why are some of the parameters listed twice in the list on the Dash Daq? Does the truck have multiple sensors for some things?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts