Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After towing 10k with the 210TP, park the truck for a day start it up and it idles like crap sounds almost like a lope tune. Load another tune and its gone. It has done this the three times I used this tune. Anyone else?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just got my truck out of the shop this week for running the way you descibed...my number 7 and 8 injector were bad. I was on the 210TP last month for a week, but I dont think that had anything to do with it

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
My friend had this happen when he pulled my 06 to get worked on, I think he just shut it off and started it back up and it went away.

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
My fathers 550 did that once and yes it was winter...turned it off then back on and went away....we never found out what it was though because his 6.7 came in a few days after for trade in

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Just wanted to post up in this thread again. I have been running the 210 TP for a few days now. We have had some cool mornings and cool nights, with day time temps in the 70's and low 80's. I have had zero issues with rough idle with this tune. I think I am going to continue to run it because I love the shifting and how smoke free it is out of the tailpipe. If I do run into rough idle issues, I will definitely let everyone know and I will also talk with Matt about it to see what he thinks the issue could be.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine runs fine around town, only time it ever does it is after towing.

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
I towed 3 loads of gravel, all right around 10k pounds plus the 3k trailer makes 13k total with the 210TP. The past few mornings I did it were all around 50 degree outside and the truck ran and idled flawlessly after shutting down and starting back up. Maybe the problem is hit or miss. The tune however works great, I had some massive hills around here to go up and it worked awesome!!!

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
As a side note, I had to unhook from the trailer and run about 200 miles this morning with it unloaded and hated it. I definitely don't like the early lockup and shifting into overdrive at 45 around here with all the hills. It made me feel like I was driving a 6.0 again LOL

For towing this tune can't be beat though, after I'm done using the truck as a truck I'll be going back to the 250 for DD duty.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Dad has over 140K miles running the 210 tow tune in his 08 F450 with no issues. His truck has over 240K miles on it and it runs better then is ever has...

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
WOW is right,thats alot of windsheild time already. Was it stock the first 100k?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts