Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the Spartan 210 tune (any version) and seeing EGR flow while driving down the road?

Watching EGR_PCT on the DashDaq I have seen from 0 to over 40% driving down the highway and 0 to 20% at idle.

Has anyone else seen this?

I thought the 210 tune had the EGR valve cycle only at idle.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I have never seen anything while driving with the 210 and up to 30-35% while at idle. The 210 and up tune are supposed to have the EGR disabled while the truck is being driven.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Does the EGR cycle at idle on the 210 have anthing to do with accelerating under normal driving conditions ? Seems like its slow rolling out of a stop light.. I had been running it for a couple days.. Had to change to the 275 when i had a chance..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.

Is it possible the DashDaq is giving a false reading on EGR flow?

I just looked at my last data log and at one point EGR flow is 68%
This seems kind of high.

As I understand it, more fuel is injected when there is EGR flow to compensate for loss of power.

No EGR flow = more power and better mileage.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
The sensor could be bad and causing a bad reading on the DashDAQ....68% just seems too far open, but I could be wrong. I haven't had my EGR cycle in about 40,000 miles so I don't remember what it would do.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I haven't seen the EGR cycle using any of the 210 tunes, but when I'm running the 175 tune it will cycle to 100%, so I'd say that 68% isn't too far open.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies.

My problem is definately tune related.

I've emailed Mick about it, he tells me Matt is going to look at it, been waiting 6 weeks now. Hopefully I'll have a new tune soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When you state the EGR is supposed to cycle at idle, are we talking idling while in park or idling while in drive stuck in traffic? I have done the high idle mod for keeping the A/C or heat on when parked. Is there a RPM range where the EGR cycles?

I do a fair amount of city driving so this is kind of important to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts