Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on here been spammed from there if so how can you pick them out really good just asking cause i think it might have happened to me :eek: :shrug:

·
Registered
347 Posts
there are spammers all over craigslist, i just recently sold a car and i got more spam emails about it then real ones.
Some of them are obvious and some aren't, you just have to use your head

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry well i posted it one evening and the next day i get an email that this guy wants it but he cant come pick it up he will send his hauler to pick it up and he also said he would send a certified check well i havent seen it yet and he just sent me another email saying sorry bout a delay and getting this check out and its been over a week now

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i still have the stuff he said he would arrange for pick up after the check clears well i havent seen it yet so i dont know what to do give him more time i dont know

·
Registered
252 Posts
ive gotten that on my old dirtbike,did you ask for a number? when i did i got" im away in canada,and my english isnt to good" thats when i said goodbye. try asking for a number and calling

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
no i still have the stuff he said he would arrange for pick up after the check clears well i havent seen it yet so i dont know what to do give him more time i dont know
I got maybe 15 different emails exactly like that when I sold my bike.

I had two requirements, we meet in person and you pay with cash. Otherwise it aint goin.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
simple, no checks, cash only, it's got classic spam all over it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
its b/s. if they are gonna "arrange to have their shipper pick it up", dont count on em. the best thing i have found to do is put your number on the ad and let ppl call you if the're really interested. good luck

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had pretty much the same thing i said i would prefore local pickup but i didnt say anything bout cash and also i asked where he lived and he didnt respond to that and never really gave me a name either so thats what kind of put a flag up thanks for the help guys i'll keep that in mind for next time and i did put my number in the add as well i never even talked to a real person bout it

I

·
0 Posts
Okay, I have seen plenty of this kind of sh!!. If you can't get straight information from someone. It's either a scam or someone you don't want to do business with. There are so many idiot's that cruz the classifieds looking to see if someone will bite and then rob em.. Don't know how they sleep at night.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
just had someone in st paul mn, arrange to meet the buyers of a car in the "200 block of beam ave" type thing, the couple showed up, the guy led the husband to the back of a building- then robbed him of the 2grand in cash he had for the car, then forced them to drive him somewhere at gunpoint--- with his whole family along, then kicked out the entire family and stole their car! obviously the buyers made the mistake of being honest and admitting they would bring cash on the first meeting and this guy took advantage. beware people are trying to screw you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was selling my snowmobile and got that "Ill have my hauler come pick it up tomorrow" crap in about 3 different emails...:doh:

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
I got this: (guys e-mail is [email protected]) i was selling my tractor and truck ('79 ford), and mini bike

Is the item still available for sale?

i reply, "which items are you interested in?" and then i get this-

Hello,
Thank for the prompt response to my mail, my secretary will be
processing and mail a draft to cover the cost of all my purchase as am
completely satisfied with the advert. I will need the details of whom
& where to mail the draft. It will be delivered by the Courier within
2-5 days. Please note some Courier do not deliver to P.O.Box addresses
1.Payable Name to be on the check
2.Mailing / Home address
3.Mobile #
Kindly delete the posting as am totally committed to buying from you
to save me cost, my mover will be coming over for the pick up right
only after the payment as been delivered and i want you to understand
that, i love to call but am a deaf and only uses a hearing-in paired
phone the relay. So please send me a email you leave a message on my
voice mail 206 350 2019 it will be delivered as Lucky Brown: It will
be delivered as an email to me.
Regards

so i type back to him, knowing something fishy is going on, "so which items are you interested in"? his response,-

Ok, but i have interest in the 1979 f-150, i'll be expecting your
Payable name and mailing address soonest....Thank you

i e-mailed him back, no deal sorry I'm not that stupid, tell you and your scamming buddies that giving me your number in Seattle Washington, and I'm near Houston, is a big red flag. also judging by your typing skills I'm guessing your not an English speaking individual. oh and just type in your phone number into google, you guys have quite a (mob) following considering how many people you've scammed.

his response: F&%k you , yu cant doest anythng to mee. -LOL what an idiot

then i get this one a few days later from one of his buddies -( [email protected] his name is Arnold Kumasi )

Hey,

My dear wife called my attention to this ad and i would like to know
if it is still available for me to purchase....please do get back toesme
asap.

regards.

i reply-" which items" i get this afterwards

i want ford tractor and our lawn mower.

i reply, "ok they are yours it will be 2500 cash for the 9n ford tractor, and 500 cash for the snapper lawnmower" then i get this;

Hello,

Thanks for the swift response... I'm ok with the condition and price
of the item and am ready for its purchase. My form of payment will be
by sending you Check via UPS with a second day air delivery.I'll be
responsible for the pick-up and the movers fee will be included in
your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to schedule
an appropriate time for the pick-up at your location after check has
been cashed as I have other properties to be moved along side the item
am buying from you.

How i wish to come over for viewing but I'm afraid that might not be
possible due to my work frame. If you have more pics please send so I
can have a good look. My phone number is 206 350 2019, I'm not usually around so just leave me a message and I will E-mail you back. Do get back to me with your below details:

Full name to be on the check:Full contact address with your
apt#:Zipcode:Contact phone numbers:

Regards .

to which i reply "sorry man, not gonna fall for it, now i'm getting annoyed, tell your little scamming buddies that if i get one more of these e-mails, i'm giving your number to the houston FBI office and I will deal with you through them.

i have not heard from them anymore LOL LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
This site is a must read for these folks...http://www.419eater.com/

Now I know where my downtime is going tomorrow at work, haven't read up in a while :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts