Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My own Transformer
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has had issues with these guys and their motors? Just curious, I had them build me a long block and not having good luck with them. Its a long story which i'll start a new thread to tell everyone about my experience with them. For now I want to see if anybody else has had the same issues with thier warranty, customer service, motors blowing apart, and so on.

·
My own Transformer
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post my story and pics: a hole in the oil pan, a couple big cracks in the block just above the hole in the oil pan. Only 8,500 miles on motor!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
weve had a few motors come in from there. Never seen one that wasnt junk. one of our good friends bought a motor from them, never started w/o being plugged in from day one. they told him to put in glow plugs, then harness, then a relay, then injectors, then a hpop, then uvcs, then an idm, which he did all of these. by the time he replaced all that stuff, warranty was up. Did a compression test on it and it confirmed what he always thought.

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
Yeah that sucks Drew. I was able to see this truck at the show last weekend, the carnage is unbelievable to say the least.

Got a link to where your other thread about this is Drew?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had an engine installed from them about 6 years ago, and it leaked oil constantly. I am just now getting it resealed and the people up here told me that they used cheap silicone to seal the oil pan, and that they just cut a section of the dipstick off to make it fir, artifically indicating my engine had more oil then it did. The leaks started almost immediately, and they would not cover it under their warranty.

The guys up here in Austin that are working on my truck have had MANY dealings with junk coming out of that shop, and don't do business with them. They mentioned motors coming from there with a mix of .30 over with stock pistons. I wish I would have known this before I used them. Hopefully this is not the case with this motor I bought from them. I have had it for 6 years, but have only put about 35,000 on the truck in this time. Time will tell, I guess.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
One out of 500 aint' bad odds.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Oh my SHE motor... LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's August 2016 now and I put a 7.3 South Houston Engine in an F-550 back in February; I had never heard of the company until then. We have hay farms and have pulled big hay loads around 25,000 pounds over mountain passes here in Colorado. Only about 6,000 miles on the engine right now, but we have had great luck so far. No leaks, good power, no weird sounds doesn't use any oil. All in all very happy. If you have questions, you can sure contact me as time goes on and I will give you an unbiased opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kc, how’s your engine running? I’m getting ready to put a new one in my 550, I was looking at Ford remanufactured but wasn’t sure about the metal spray in the cylinders. Any recommendations?
Thanks, Rob

·
Native Texan
9,071 Posts
Kc, how’s your engine running? I’m getting ready to put a new one in my 550, I was looking at Ford remanufactured but wasn’t sure about the metal spray in the cylinders. Any recommendations?
Thanks, Rob
I hate to be the bad news bearer But he has one post ever in 2016 I would not hold my breath for a response.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts