Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my clutch with a MU 1944 Con O 6 sp south bend clutch and immediately started having problems shifting into 2nd gear. Everytime I try to shift into 2nd it grinds unless I really granny shift but I dont have any problems with any other gears...Any help? Someone told me after I installed it that south bend clutches will tear up your tranny, anyone heard of this or know what its tearing up?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I had an OFE and noticed a little of that, having to slow shifts down some. I think it has to do with the heavier mass your synchros are trying to slow down to get into the next gear.

·
Registered
69 Posts
just did a auto to manual swap and used the same clutch, and havn't had any issues. i upgraded the clucth fork. everything went together smooth. have about 2,000 miles on it. shifts smoothly. good luck, sorry i can't help

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every other gear works just fine other than 2nd but I cant shift normally cause it will grind in 2nd...

·
Registered
69 Posts
you may ahve a problem with you snychroes, or 2nd gear. i'll bet its tranny related, not clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts