Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that has a 4" or 5" exhaust on their truck have a sound clip of the truck driving by the microphone?

I have a 4" MBRP turbo back with MBRP muffler and when driving thru an overpass (CC with rear window and slider open) it sounds pretty "farty". Not at all "rumbly" like my gas powered Dodge does.

Exhaust rumbles a bit at idle, but sound is totally different under power.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Anyone that has a 4" or 5" exhaust on their truck have a sound clip of the truck driving by the microphone?

I have a 4" MBRP turbo back with MBRP muffler and when driving thru an overpass (CC with rear window and slider open) it sounds pretty "farty". Not at all "rumbly" like my gas powered Dodge does.

Exhaust rumbles a bit at idle, but sound is totally different under power.

sound like it has a turbo? :pointlaugh: Go to youtube and explore dude!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guess it is normal as mine sounds like this (at 1:13-1:20 or so)

Never had a diesel with a turbo before, all my turbos were gas motors. That's why I questioned the odd sound.

Learning more all the time. :ford:

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
It actually sounds louder with the 5in then the stacks.Were the stacks stock pipe to the box Matt?That would explain it if so.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
It actually sounds louder with the 5in then the stacks.Were the stacks stock pipe to the box Matt?That would explain it if so.
For both it was a 3" DP then for the stacks it was 4" pipe up to the y and the y pipe was 6" and the stacks were 6".

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
hmm ,don't know then.You have any up of your new truck yet.I heard a couple clips of others and they sound pretty wicked once you change the exhaust.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
hmm ,don't know then.You have any up of your new truck yet.I heard a couple clips of others and they sound pretty wicked once you change the exhaust.
I havent got any videos of it yet actually, but I will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts