Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Building Farmboy Monster
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who have gutted the ebv and run the 1.0 exhaust housing did you notice any diferent tone or loudness out the exhaust? thanx

·
riverjet
459 Posts
I used the 1.0 exhaust housing and hi flow outlet from ITP.I noticed slightly deeper exhaust note.I also noticed slower spooling. DP tuner added more fuel in the bottom.Turbo spools instantly to 30lbs now.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i've noticed that when i switch to the van turbo with 1.15 housing and the hi flow outlet exhaust was slightly deeper too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
03, What about the sound on the high end when the turbo kicks in? does it still sound like a stocker or like a freight train?

·
Dead Member
204 Posts
03, What about the sound on the high end when the turbo kicks in? does it still sound like a stocker or like a freight train?
It roars....at least mine does with a 4" pipe.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just installed a van turbo with beans outlet and gutted the pedestal. If i drive normal it sounds like a stocker but at wot, it begins to roar or sounds like a trian horn. it almost feels like its not getting oil. should i unplug the pedestal? some say unplug, others say leave it plugged in. i'm going to unplug it to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What about the sound? info: big green air filter,4 inch downpipe to 5 inch straight pipe angled out in front of rear tire and 6.0 intercooler and superchips. Is this the reason its loud or the oil?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
usually a train or siren type noise is a bent exhaust wheel fin. i would visually inspect everything and make sure there isn't any in and out shaft play and spins freely. if all looks good just run it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
We'll I found the problem. Forgot to tighten up one of the bottom hose clamps on the spider. Sounds much better, no more train horn, it was deafening. I didn't know a loose clamp could get that loud. I thought my turbo was goons blow. All is good now and the turbo feels great. Can't wait to put me gooseneck on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts