Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought it was oil when i first saw it but ford sead it was soot from the exhaust and they thought it could be the EGR cooler but they tested it and sead it was fine to drive it and c what happens and it has puffed out whit smoke a cup of times and over heated but is barely loosing n e water ford dont know what to do with it now n e thoughts on what it could be

and the white residue all over the coolant reservoir is from the mechanic making a mess it didnt blow out n e thing around the cap

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
lol wtf. They seriously said drive it and see what happens? What a joke... Yea thats not supposed to be there and if your under warranty Id bring it back and demand it fixed

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's an EGR cooler issue. Everybody says that 6.0s were bad, they were nothing compared to a 6.7. In the last month I think I've done 5 coolers on 6.7s most of the trucks had less then 10k on the clock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i for got to say my truck is a 2010 with 11.000 miles on it and yea i tryed to make them replace the egr cooler but they sead that they cant get it to faile and ford wont fix it intill it does the teck sead that he put some gage on it at 16 psi and it only feel to 15.5 in for hr and it only puffs out white smoke some times and has ran hot one time and is a lil low on power and it is all stock no tunners or n e thing

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been told on all the forums that this is normal. Has something to do with the block being cast in sand and not properly cleaned. Everyone recommended for me to install a coolant filter, clean the reservoir and change the coolant and I should never see this again.. I havnt had a chance to take it to Ford and see what they say.

·
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
753 Posts
If its still under warranty go find something SUPER heavy and blow the bitch up. Then get a new engine and do like JD says. Delete it and for get it.

·
strokin baby!!!!!!!!
418 Posts
It's an EGR cooler issue. Everybody says that 6.0s were bad, they were nothing compared to a 6.7. In the last month I think I've done 5 coolers on 6.7s most of the trucks had less then 10k on the clock.
You mean 6.4's??? Im at one of the largest Ford dealers in Texas and havent ever seen a blown egr cooler or headgaskets on a 6.7 but 6.4's yes!!

BTW! listing to the thread......you have a bad front cover! tell the mechanic to pull the water pump out and he will see the problem.

·
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
753 Posts
you have a bad front cover! tell the mechanic to pull the water pump out and he will see the problem.

Really. Bad front covers cause oil to contaminate the coolant. Not soot.

If you have overheated the truck, chances are pretty good that you have hurt a head gasket. Go find a heavy trailer and blow it up if they dont want to fix it. I have had this exact same issue with my head gaskets. I ended up getting 15,000lbs behind the truck and took the mechanic on a ride while we climbed a good hill with my foot buried in the carpet. When the coolant pressure went above 20psi and there was anti-freeze all down the side of my truck they finally got it in to fix it. My coolers never failed a pressure test.

·
6.4 Stroker
147 Posts
My coolant bottle looks EXACTLY the same way, and I too thought it was a problem. However, it has looked this way for so long now I am beginning to think it really isn't an issue. As stated above, I think it is just sediment building up on the inside of the degas bottle. I have done several combustion gas leak tests, and have yet to see a positive result. I own the tester so I test the system occasionally. Amazon.com: UVIEW 560000 Combustion Leak Tester: Automotive

·
Registered
215 Posts
You mean 6.4's??? Im at one of the largest Ford dealers in Texas and havent ever seen a blown egr cooler or headgaskets on a 6.7 but 6.4's yes!!

BTW! listing to the thread......you have a bad front cover! tell the mechanic to pull the water pump out and he will see the problem.

Obviously you've never seen a 6.7 with lots of idle time. And yes 6.4s are notorious for coolers, and atleast in my dealership throwing connecting rods

·
green037.3
49 Posts
A friend of mine has a lumber company and his truck is a 2008 6.4 F-450 and they just had to put headgaskets in the truck. It has 110,000 miles on it and has had no other problems other than this. Of course it is out of warranty so they had to float the bill no mods just pulls alot of weight. I thought that was kinda strange. The dealer said its the only truck they have ever had fail that they have sold. So why its apart its having the egr deleted and headstuds installed. also when it gets home deleting the DPF and installing an air intake and H&s programmer

·
Registered
215 Posts
obviously the tech has no idea how to test head gasket/ cooler inssues. make them hook up the ids, vmm, and pvt (they should know what these are) and test it the same way they should a 6.0. they will never find a leak with a radiator pressure tester.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the only way they have ever tested the truck is making me pull my trailer out there and they hooked the gage up buy the coolant bottle and i pulled my trailer but the truck was already at the shop and i used my friends truck to pull my trailer out to the deeler so we didnt realy ride long enuff to get it hot hot and they hooked some gage to the egr cooler and set it at 16 psi and sead it feel to 14 in 5 hrs idk im tired of messing with them my truck is a 2010 with 11.000 miles on it and all stock i got an attorney last week

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
I have no dog in this fight, but fawk your posts are hard to read.

·
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
753 Posts
the only way they have ever tested the truck is making me pull my trailer out there and they hooked the gage up buy the coolant bottle and i pulled my trailer but the truck was already at the shop and i used my friends truck to pull my trailer out to the deeler so we didnt realy ride long enuff to get it hot hot and they hooked some gage to the egr cooler and set it at 16 psi and sead it feel to 14 in 5 hrs idk im tired of messing with them my truck is a 2010 with 11.000 miles on it and all stock i got an attorney last week
Punctuation is a good thing.

No need for a lawyer. Just blow it up. Hook onto something heavy and PULL!!!. I had puking issues and the dealer could not diagnose it with out a load. So I hooked on to my trailer (16,000lbs) and pulled a big hill flat footed. Got 22psi in the cooling system. Truck was in later that week for HG's and studs.

Getting a lawyer is not going to help your situation out at all. You want to be friends with a dealership, they can make life sooo much easier when they're in your corner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey guy im still going back and forth with ford they still dont know where the soot is coming from but found more bad news today i changed my oil today and there was small flakes of metal in my oil and all in the fillter to

1 - 20 of 28 Posts