Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i want to put a diesel in my 01 sonoma.I know that the rangers and old s10s used to have diesels in them.Anyone know what engine they were and if they were turbo charged???Also any other engine suggestion would help.Thanks.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
many people with rangers have put 4bt in, think a 7.3 or 5.9 would be a little big :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ive seen them imnot looking to go crazy just something for decent mileage and reliabilty

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
4bt would get my vote.

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
the old ranger diesels were junk, i dont remember the S10 ever having a diesel option, but the Chev Luv and the Isuzu Pup's had them and they were awesome engines! i just sold mine and it would get 28-32mpg depending on how i drove it.

look for an early to mid 80's isuzu pup with a diesel, they were non-turbo but you could turn the pump up a little on them. best bet is find a 2wd version with the 5spd manual trans, they had a 4x4 but it only came with a 4spd manual behind it

·
Good Times
209 Posts
If you can find one the pup or luv's are awsome. I have had 3 of them and they all were great. I had a 1986 4-wheel drive 5spd, turbo diesel. Turned up that thing would smoke like a train.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts