Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it wasnt the weasle. Got some tunes from Swamps and went for a test drive, only made it about a 1/4 mile and something let go in the trans. I know the trans was hurting, and Im waiting on a built one or perhaps a bts if I can get rid of the suncoast converter I bought.
Any way, anyone have a guess to what it might be? Immediatly after it went pop I lost everything forward and reverse.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Sounds like the transmission. That's as far as my tranny troubleshooting goes.

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My old truck ate 3 of em. :mad:

Was that the OBS or SD in your sig?
OBS, sorry bout that. Should also say it was in 3rd with the converter locked and I was just rolling onto it and starting to come up on the chargers.

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea E4OD re man from ford about 4 years ago now. I do have to say it has lived a hard life for the past 30k and the past 4k with the twins on the truck.

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the transmission. That's as far as my tranny troubleshooting goes.
haha yea bout as far as mine goes too.

·
Failure to Communicate
1,133 Posts
definitely should be the input shaft or OD planet you can drop it down and slide the shaft out and if it's good you know you have to open it up.

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
Sounds like you broke a hard part! And since you have a obs, most of them are alluminium unlike 4r100's

You could of broke a planet, forward drum, input, intermediate .

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Mine did the same thing and it was the input shaft. The OD planet has been holding up for now but is the next trans part to purchase. Be aware that if it was the input shaft than there is a good chance it is stuck in the converter. I had to send mine back to Brian to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ah...E40D?

no idea then.
i dont think there is much difference between the E4OD and the 4R100 aside from the E4OD has some aluminum parts that are steel in the 4R100 but im no tranny expert

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By chance could the torque converter be to blame? I finally got a chance to screw with it a bit and it sounds like it dosent even try to go in gear/turn the input shaft. If it were a planitary wouldnt it make some sort of bad noise, grinding, crunching etc.?

·
Registered
545 Posts
so what was it in the end, i had the same thing happen, hoping it's just an input shaft

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Does it hold in park?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts