Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they monitor a variety of things. What does it all monitor...mainly does it cover Engine oil temp, engine oil pressure, fuel pressure, coolant pressure, coolant temp...etc. I am wanting to get gauges for these but why buy all these gauges when one does it all....?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
someone will correct me, but it will read icp psi, icp dc %, inj pulse width, coolant temp, oil temp, voltage, trans temp, boost, drive pressure, buzz test, cyl contribution test, dtc's, 1/4mile performance, on, and on, and on. for fuel pressure you will have to add a sensor but it can do it-as well as egt

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
someone will correct me, but it will read icp psi, icp dc %, inj pulse width, coolant temp, oil temp, voltage, trans temp, boost, drive pressure, buzz test, cyl contribution test, dtc's, 1/4mile performance, on, and on, and on. for fuel pressure you will have to add a sensor but it can do it-as well as egt
spot on cept for the coolant temp. doesnt not read that saince there isnt a sensor. I know paul said his brother was able to see coolant temp.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
funny you say that, mine reads temp and seems to be spot on???? but I did notice other readings that aren't accurate (probly not supported) that were right in line with the coolant temp??

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
damn....where does this hook up to the truck at

·
Harl
705 Posts
:whs:

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
someone done did.....LOLLOLLOL
whats the best price a vendor can get me

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I saw Andys scan gauge and well it looks cool and can do a bunch of things. I want one now.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I think there was certain years of 7.3's that won't read coolant temp, but some years do. IIRC OBS don't read it, but SD's do. I think the oil temp conversion is way off for the 6.0, because my oil temp reads way higher then my autometer gauge. I checked the Aeroforce forums and there were lots of other people saying the same thing about the oil temp.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I think there was certain years of 7.3's that won't read coolant temp, but some years do. IIRC OBS don't read it, but SD's do. I think the oil temp conversion is way off for the 6.0, because my oil temp reads way higher then my autometer gauge. I checked the Aeroforce forums and there were lots of other people saying the same thing about the oil temp.
is the scan gauge oil temp like 100* to high? I have 2 oil temps on mine and I had set up both to be read and one is way high, the other right on (according to what I think it should be- no other gauge for measurement)

I saw Andys scan gauge and well it looks cool and can do a bunch of things. I want one now.
yes you do:D

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
is the scan gauge oil temp like 100* to high? I have 2 oil temps on mine and I had set up both to be read and one is way high, the other right on (according to what I think it should be- no other gauge for measurement)
I spoke to someone at Aeroforce via their forums and he said that Ford gave them an incorrect conversion formula for the OBS trucks oil temp reading. So he said it is very possible the 6.0 has the same problem. My scangauge reads about 50 degrees high.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
If anyone is interested in a scan gauge I can send you over more info and pricing on them.

Very cool gauge/mod to your truck. Every PSD should come with one for sure.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
im interested

·
Registered
545 Posts
Count me in BigStroker.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If anyone is interested in a scan gauge I can send you over more info and pricing on them.

Very cool gauge/mod to your truck. Every PSD should come with one for sure.
What colors does it come in? do they have red?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts