Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out of cold beer in my refrig.

Wife puts some in freezer.

I forgot about the last one she put in freezer.

Pull it out of freezer and its pure liquid in the bottle

Pop the cap...(Corona) and it instantly freezes up ...

So Im thinking no big deal..... Couple minutes goes by and its now trying to push frozen beer out of the top of the bottle.....

What gives....Im thirtsy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Find a glass that is bigger that the bottle is around and a bowl.

insert bottle into glass, set combination on bowl of warm water..... Ice / Beer combo spills into glass.. allowing for no waste, and it should be ready to drink faster than watchin it....
Never nuked beer.. might give it a shot.
shake it like a glass ketchup bottle in to said glass... once you get it down just a bit, add some salt..... that might do the trick..

Kinda diggin here, but I see you are in dire need of some help

LOL

Stoney

·
Registered
782 Posts
im thirsty justLOL reading this post

·
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL,

While that is a good idea... I just decided to keep my lips wrapped around the bottle so that none was spilt. ICY Corona is actually good....hmmm.

But why did it turn insta-ice....then several minutes later start spewing carbonation icy out the top...

Im puzzled. And I have now eaten over have of my corona at this point.

:mad:

·
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im puzzled....:confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Im gonna go out on a limb here... So all you 80 lb brains spark up the flame throwers ready..

I am gonna say the reason it freezes after you open them is a change in pressure, just like radiator caps increase the boiling point (to a point)...... sealed bottles/cans keep the liquid from freezing (to a point).

But now that we are this deep into it... its beer time

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Happens up here all the time..........very annoying! We have to use coolers to keep our beer from freezing. LOL

And yes, pressure not only raises the boiling point of water, it raises the freezing point of beer. Soon as you release the pressure........... bang, turns to a slushy foamy mess.

·
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im smart enough to figure this out but not in the state im in.....

I agree.

The dilemma is over....I ate all the ice... Actually wound up sucking it out of the bottle LOL.

·
Needs more mod money
24 Posts
Im gonna go out on a limb here... So all you 80 lb brains spark up the flame throwers ready..

I am gonna say the reason it freezes after you open them is a change in pressure, just like radiator caps increase the boiling point (to a point)...... sealed bottles/cans keep the liquid from freezing (to a point).

But now that we are this deep into it... its beer time
Right on.....You are all over it !

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Happens up here all the time..........very annoying! We have to use coolers to keep our beer from freezing. LOL

And yes, pressure not only raises the boiling point of water, it raises the freezing point of beer. Soon as you release the pressure........... bang, turns to a slushy foamy mess.
biinnggooo

·
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I almost called myth busters...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Whiskey dont freeze then youll never have this problem again :rockon:

·
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont keep my 3 gallons of jack and crown in the frig..... it wont fit.... I drink it hot anyways LOL.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts