Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 F250 with the 6.0. I am about to run out my 100,000 mi warranty and wondering if I should be worried about stuff failing. Its always been stock and I have had all matainence doon religously. The only problems Ive had are 2 injectors had to be replaced around 85000 mi and I had a high pressure oil leak about a month ago. I am having long crank times again which is what it did with the high pressure oil leak. Will I be having constant issues now that Im up there in milage. I love my truck and I would like to drive it for a few more years but am wondering if I need to get something else to save on repair costs.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Rebuid your oil cooler, EGR delete that thing, maybe get a coolant filter and you should be good for awhile, the Oil cooler is something that needs to be done especially since you said you have only had a couple things done, get the EGR delete as well and you will have a very happy engine. That should last awhile more for you.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
and while you are in there replace the dummy plugs and the STC fitting on the pump to knock out any possible high pressure oil leaks.

I would highly consider switching to 5w40 synthetic oil and when you do treat it with Rev X oil addtive (seems like you have been having stiction issues if you had to replace a few injectors or your FICM is bad) Check your FICM and battery voltage

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, about 30 t0 45 min job

·
Registered
520 Posts
Only thing you have to worry about if your cooling system is healthy is the FICM crapping out on you. You are in FICM failure territory with the mileage you are at.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only thing you have to worry about if your cooling system is healthy is the FICM crapping out on you. You are in FICM failure territory with the mileage you are at.
I got a new FICM when they replaced the injectors so I should be good with that one for a while I hope. Do I need to get the coolant system flushed prior to installing the coolant filter. The last time my dealer did it they charged $300 to flush the system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes, I have the same thoughts. I have a 06 f350 king ranch and love the truck. It is just about to roll over 100k and no problems so far and I knew the previous owner, only work done to it so far is glow plug, and glow plug relay. I just pulled 20k through the Rockies it did fine, but kept throwing a code causing it to go into limp mode, so I deleted it on the need of getting home. Shop ran test and thinks it is the egr valve, so plan on doing a delete. I'm okay with some minor issues but I really don't want this turning into a problem child. So far all I have done is 4' exhaust and h&s xrt pro and usually just run it on mild. Maybe just looking for some thoughts and advise. Thanks

·
"resident smarty pants"
5,441 Posts
yes, I have the same thoughts. I have a 06 f350 king ranch and love the truck. It is just about to roll over 100k and no problems so far and I knew the previous owner, only work done to it so far is glow plug, and glow plug relay. I just pulled 20k through the Rockies it did fine, but kept throwing a code causing it to go into limp mode, so I deleted it on the need of getting home. Shop ran test and thinks it is the egr valve, so plan on doing a delete. I'm okay with some minor issues but I really don't want this turning into a problem child. So far all I have done is 4' exhaust and h&s xrt pro and usually just run it on mild. Maybe just looking for some thoughts and advise. Thanks

Did you write down the code #? It could be (due to the limp mode) a turbo issue, oil cooler plugging, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
With all the EGR systems out there most general techs/mechs couldn't tell you where the EGR stuff is on a 6.0L.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
A new FICM from Ford will eventually crap out too, a new FICM will never be a cure for the ridiculously tiny amount of solder they place on the boards. They're made in Mexico.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.