Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
College=Broke as f*ck
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got the truck back from the body shop, after driving around with a rotted and crushed in bed for 6months. now that she looks all purty again ive started wasting my money on goodies. I met up with a guy who traded his 7.3 in, and stripped some stuff off of it first. i scored his ITP RR complete, and his K&N cold air system also complete, all for $190 BUCKS. I got the intake in the other afternoon, and this coming weekend im planning on putting the RR in. I also have a TS 6pos chip that needs to be reburned to my pcm code. I also have a set of isspro gauges that need to go in.

The truck is used primarily as a daily driver, it tows a small enclosed trailer with landscaping gear a few days a week. In the winter time it runs up north once or twice a week, for a 400 mile or so trip going skiing. I put around 25k on it my first year. its got 180k on it now.

My question is who does reburns on a ts chip? swamps? gearhead? id like to get something that fits my driving style, and maybe gives me room for future upgrades....like the usual exhaust injectors blah blah. Who do you think is my best bet for a good reburn? considering the truck isnt going to be a race truck, and i need it to last haha. and any comment or ideas about the itp installation? any tricks or tips? is the k&n a decent CAI? thanks

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Personally, I don't like K&N, lots of people run them though.

On the chip, most tuners on here can reburn them. Give them calls and talk to them, go with the one that you like. My vote goes to Tony Wildman at Total Diesel Performance.

On the RR kit, here is a pretty decent write up on it.
http://www.sinisterdiesel.com/other/FuelSys/ITP-73FS-RegKit-Manual.pdf

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Heck of a deal on that RR you got there...

I've always ran the 6637 Napa filter. Most around here will tell you to ditch that K&N and ill have to agree with them.

I like Gearhead tunes the most..just my .02

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
I think you can down load the install instructions from ITP's website on the RR.

If not, call Dennis and I'm sure he will be able to get you a copy.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I think you can down load the install instructions from ITP's website on the RR.

If not, call Dennis and I'm sure he will be able to get you a copy.
That's the link I posted.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Missed that...my bad

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Forgot about the name change, huh.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Yepper

·
College=Broke as f*ck
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright thanks alot for the link, ill be sure to do some reading before i tear into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts