Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hve a 1995 ford powerstroke I have an exhaust, afe intake, ts 6pos chip, upgraded e4od, gauges. I'm lookin to get stage II injectors but I need a better hpop to run them I was thinking about getting a adrenaline hpop how are they? Ad my egt probe is in the dp and I wanna move it to the manifold but idk which one to put it at and where? Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
driverside manifold.

as for the adrenaline..... it seems to have alot of happy owners.

get your TS chip reburned with custom tunes too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I'm gonna get the hpop then injectors nturbo

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I would get the turbo before the HPOP cause it will last maybe a couple hard runs. My stock turbo last 3k babying it. Then floored it one day and held it and when I got home and shut it off I had had a shot turbo. It will save on down time also.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
every truck will be different, an old buddy of mine running 2's on a stock charger drove his truck hard...... I mean running it up to redline all the time. lasted around 6 months then needed to be rebuilt. an intercooler will help out alot.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I was lookin at a gt38r I think. And I was holdin off on the intercooler.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
With the 38r u will need a SD up pipes and intercooler y and 3 in plenums also pedestal. The intercooler should slow the turbo down some correct?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ic where's a good place to get that stuff from a sd?

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
Lots of good advice here. Since you have an egt in your downpipe I would leave it and add another to your manifold. Drivers side right in front of where the up-pipe connects simply drill and tap, no need to weld a bung on there just make sure you get all the shavings out. Having dual egt's is definatly not necessary but it will give you a good picture of when to shut down and how big a difference between pre and post turbo. If you want to save money move it to the manifold.
I love my adrenaline hpop good upgrade.
I got schooled on valve sprigs by some members here a while back and have done quite a bit of reasearch since. I don't think they are necessary with II's but you can get a good set for $300 and I think that is cheap insurance if you plan on running it hard.
P.S. fill out your sig that will help us help you.

Welcome!

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Advantages of putting your EGT in the manifold
It will measure the hottest point in your exhuast
It will read your cylinder temps (along with a ratio and abuncha other stuff thats confusing, can work out alot of other stuff:doh:LOL)
Advantages of putting it post turbo
Read what your turbos temp is
Doesnt read what one cylinder is putting out
doesnt read what one side is doing
If you have been under the hood of a big truck you would see the probe post turbo. If i want to tow and keep an eye on everything when towing why wouldnt I put in the same place a truck made for towing put it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts