Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep this short somehow. 2008 CCSB FX4 89k miles.
Icon 2.5 springs. Icon trac bar.
Stock leaf springs. 4.5" blocks. Pro comp traction bars.

Two wheel sets I have.
20x10 atx mojave with 37x12.5x20 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 brand new
20x9 cheap wheels off discount tire with my old half worn BFG AT KO 285/65-20

Most noticed this hop/jiggle/ back seat shaker issue driving from NY to CO. of course. It's annoying and bad. Not a chance to sleep in back seat. Jiggles the hell out of the bicycles we had in bed. All of maybe 200 lbs with gear and #### in bed nothing major. I drove there with my ATX 20x10 wheels and the BF's when they were mounted on them. In CO I had them balanced. And rotated. Still about the same the way home. At this time I had worn out Bilstein 5160 shocks on.

Now I have new icon 2.0 shocks which are great. I then made a winter wheel set with these new cheap 20x9 wheels and my old BF's. Still same hop when I do my 3 hour highway drive to snowmobile. Driving me nuts.

Now I today out my 20x10 and 37's on to test. Same thing.

Today I pulled traction bars to check. Again same thing

Running out of options before I set it on fire and get a new truck.

Again it's not a vibration. I know the feel of u joints and they tend to be more of a sound. This has no sound. It just feels like the hitch is tied to a paint shaker or something. Back seat u feel it like all hell. Front u can watch the passenger seat just wiggle. Phone mounted to dash is a jiggling mess. It's making me nuts. All I have changed one thing at a time and each thing does the same thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
406 Posts
Have you checked your hanger bearing ? And drive shafts for damage I've seen bend drive sshafts do this and bad hanger bearing rubbers too

·
Diesel390
225 Posts
How much play should the carrier bearing or rubber thing have

Zero bearing play, but the rubber will deflect maybe 1/4-3/8" with a hard push by hand. That's pretty normal. I wouldn't be so sure about the u joints. They would be my first guess regardless of sound or feel. Also like mentioned, is your driveshaft straight, hit it off anything lately? Play in the transfercase output or pinion bearings? Are you driving in 4 wheel drive? If so check front driveshaft and axle shaft u joints.
For giggles if you still can't find the problem, pull the rear drive shaft and go for a drive in 4 wheel drive, does it still vibrate?

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today it's finally not wet an snowing so ill do a few tests. And I know for sure I never hit anything with driveshaft. I was under truck last night yanking bars an driveshaft seems all well an tru. I thought my carrier had a ton of play do going to check today how much it really has. May pull driveshaft an try 4wd to test. But again it's over 65 so not sure how safe that is.

·
Registered
406 Posts
check your rear rotors too

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's something I considered they are pretty shot and was going to put new ones on soon. They warped a little and are heavily rusted. Fronts are all brand new drilled and slotted

·
Registered
406 Posts
i think you may have found your culprits right there get rid of em and get some new ones

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well did new rotors. Old ones were junk. So glad that's done however no change at all. I'm lookin forward to this new aluminum f150 to come out. Cause I may be done messin w crap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts