Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some spare time after the baby went to sleep around 2am, So I decided to solid model the low pressure oil pump of a 6.0L Powerstroke. Assigned them as 4340 Chromoly.

The Ring...

The Gear...

Put them together...

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
I had some spare time after the baby went to sleep around 2am, So I decided to solid model the low pressure oil pump of a 6.0L Powerstroke. Assigned them as 4340 Chromoly.

The Ring...

The Gear...

Put them together...

looks sexy!!! ON A SCREEN!!!!! POKE POKE:D

·
< YOU WISH...
775 Posts
When will the printed plastic ones be available? LOL

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Looks like you must've measured wrong. There's a big ole gap between the gear and the ring. :poke: :D

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When will the printed plastic ones be available? LOL
I will skip the plastic version. The cost of material isn't much to cut some test pieces. Unlike a fullsize bellhousing.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why? I thought you said there was no point in upgrading LPOP gears?
When did I say that?

I said it wasn't a fluidampr issue. Kevin wants to put a stronger gearset in the front as some cheap insurance while going to 5k plus RPM. At the same time I was looking at possibly making some changes to the gearset if it is determined that there may be airation or cavitation problems at that rpm with the stock trochoidal dimensions.

This is for high rpm stuff. Not for mildly upgraded vehicles.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
When did I say that?

I said it wasn't a fluidampr issue. Kevin wants to put a stronger gearset in the front as some cheap insurance while going to 5k plus RPM. At the same time I was looking at possibly making some changes to the gearset if it is determined that there may be airation or cavitation problems at that rpm with the stock trochoidal dimensions.

This is for high rpm stuff. Not for mildly upgraded vehicles.
10-4 I just remember you saying that when there was LPOP failures and people wanted to blame the dampnr was BS, and then when people posted about Elites LPOP gears you said they were pointless..but if he is turning higher RPMs then I can understand the reason.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
10-4 I just remember you saying that when there was LPOP failures and people wanted to blame the dampnr was BS, and then when people posted about Elites LPOP gears you said they were pointless..but if he is turning higher RPMs then I can understand the reason.
and its kyle not kevin!!!;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts